Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

help needed for a newbie

KU Guest

right guys, am about to finally upgrade from fs2000 to fs 2004, and have heard some great things, like being able to taxi from gates, having to wait in line for a slot etc... now on fs2000, all that happend was i got put at the begging of the runway, no taxing, no taking to the ground crew, just me and the runway, so for fs2004 will i need some sort of add on to start of at the gate and need to push back etc??

thanks in advance

6 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
Krigl Trainee

No, no add-ons needed, you can select if you want to start on the active runway, some other runway, from a choice of gates or from parking, before you fly. Default is active runway. There is a pushback key and you choose left or right....There's a lot of other nice stuff too, I think you won't regret the upgrade... as long as your computer can handle it 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

KU wrote:

right guys, am about to finally upgrade from fs2000 to fs 2004, and have heard some great things, like being able to taxi from gates, having to wait in line for a slot etc... now on fs2000, all that happend was i got put at the begging of the runway, no taxing, no taking to the ground crew, just me and the runway, so for fs2004 will i need some sort of add on to start of at the gate and need to push back etc??

thanks in advance

You won't be disappointed, but as suggested, FS9 is more graphically intense compared to FS8 😉

99jolegg wrote:

KU wrote:

thanks in advance

You won't be disappointed, but as suggested, FS9 is more graphically intense compared to FS8 😉

thanks very much for the help 🙂 my computer will be able to handle it

also any advice on some top quality joysticks?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Depends how much you want to spend. I have a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback 3D which cost around 30 pounds. I havn't had a problem with it in the past 6 months that I've had it 😉

KU Guest

ah thanks for your help 🙂

so anyway back on topic, on the 04 version of FS, do we now see the tug during pushback? do we see any airside vehicle atall?

also sorry to be a pain, but whats this about being able to open doors at the gate and seeing the passengers getting off?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Its not that detailed.

You have the option to taxi to the gate and to parking etc with the help of ATC. With addons, you can have moving gates etc but they don't come as standard. You can look through the aircraft if it permits, again, addons have interiors. You can't see the passengers getting on and off but with FSPassengers, you can here them, so all in all, you can have most things you could want with various addons. 😉