Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Clouds

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I noticed that the clouds over the north polar ice pack appear to be squeezed horizontally. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

i've never noticed this before, but that seems to be really weird. maybe a glitch in FS 😕

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

I noticed that the clouds over the north polar ice pack appear to be squeezed horizontally. Does anyone know the reason for this?

This is an interesting phenom in FS. Sometimes they are squeezed like you say and at other times the seem to be draped in a vertical fashion.

I don't know if it would be worth your time at all but if you ever fly from Sydney to Perth you may see a lot of these odd vertical formation types. I see them every time I fly across that area of the world. 🙂

-Here is a random example of some of the strange vertical cloud formations that I captured on a flight from Sydney.

--Sorry about the images large size & quality, I realize it is a substandard one.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I cured the problem with ActiveSky 😀

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Haha, good job Crash 😉

I dipped into ASV not too long ago as well, and wow, that's SOME program!

Pro Member Chief Captain

So far, I've encountered fog and rain in Quito, Equador that was so bad that I could barely see the runway and snow in Anchorage, Alaska.

Surprisingly, the greatest benefit is the ability to customize haze. I can actually see KLAX, now. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

im guessing active sky wouldnt work in something like Vatsim?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Active Sky actually works great with VATSIM. Just have to check the box in active sky's options to "use VATSIM weather reports", and then de-select the box in SB3 options that says "use VATSIM controlled weather." You're essentially just switching control over to Active sky. It's very convinient though, becasue you can still trust the METAR reports you get from SB3, and they'll show MUCH more accuratly using ASV. They're definitly a great match!