have you seen that rooster or chicken in FS9?

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

hey folks..i was zooming around Fairbanks Alaska-PAFA....and i came accross flying right above a chicken or a rooster on a pole..i don know if it wil work but if you want to see
N64* 49.68*
W147* 41.07'

also kinda like 1 mile Southwest below Eilson AFB..

i thought it would be somthing for you to see if you havent...i thoght it was funny to see that chicken or rooster........anyone else know of any mysterious the creators of FS9 'hid' or made very hard to see?

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

That's a common site. I've seen a building with a bull's head. Maybe the chicken is meant to be El Pollo Loco, the fast food resturant.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

In California, maybe. I don't think El Pollo Loco is in Alaska.

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

I have yet to see one.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

There all over in FS. Go to KMWC and look north.

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

i've heard of one (maybe not seen) one, but i think if u takeoff on runway 36R at KSEA, then turn right right after you takeoff, and STAY LOW, then somewhere near there is like a chicken (or rooster) on a stick

scorpion4u Guest

I've seen them at airports in Niagara Falls, NY and at SKGB (Cali Colombia) and several other places. But what ARE they supposed to be?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

scorpion4u wrote:

I've seen them at airports in Niagara Falls, NY and at SKGB (Cali Colombia) and several other places. But what ARE they supposed to be?

Signs of some fast food shop, I guess. If you turn your scenery up to 100% you'll see them and more. Of course you'll take a FPS hit.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

There are even a few of those chicken signs in the Hawiian Islands of FS9. Also working smoke stacks and glowing volcanos.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

As Radar said you take an FPS hit by having the fast food restaurants enabled. As an experiment, note the difference when you disable them by going into your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Autogen folder and renaming default.xml to defaul.xml.bak (good for an FPS boost when flying over populated areas).

Anyway, yeah, there are chicken, fish, and steer logos. 🙄

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you want to see something different in scenery.
Autogen Billboard Textures
File Description:
These are 4 texture files (2 day, 2 night) which I repainted from the Microsoft original. Now you see at the autogen restaurants which do not have a 3d-thingy in front of them, but just a billboard, either a Burger King billboard, of a McDonalds billboard. At the billboards spread throughout cities, you now don't see three of the FS planes, but instead you see advertisements from Kodak, Nikon and Dell.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=real_signs.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I went to KMWC and looked toward the north. The only things I saw that remotely resemble a rooster on a stick was two wind socks. They were orange/red in color, and were hanging limp-- no wind blowing. 😛

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

What ever it is, its just plane STUPID!

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Negative. ATC didn't tell me to look for chickens.. 😂

Pro Member First Officer

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit to you exhibt one! The elusive FS9 chicken!! 😳 🙂

>>

Pro Member First Officer

Another interesting piece of scenery is a working and animated rollercoaster. Just fly the approach at San Diego landing to the East and look to the left after you cross the coastline. Turn up your scenery to max.

Pro Member First Officer

OrlandoGeorge,

You have too much time on your hands.....!!!! But thank you anyway.

Regards, ❗

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Ermm...

Pro Member First Officer

UR Welcome George. LOL

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...