SearchSearch 

Aircraft scheme's downloading problem

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (moormcl) Trainee

Embarassed First, I'm fairly new to downloading aircraft and scenery for FS9 so please bear with me. I downloaded a Southwest 737-300 file and was able to drop the folder (with the 4 subfolders, model, panel, sound & texture into the "aircraft" folder. I was able to "see" the plane in FS9 but it showed "Blank" and had no paint or markings. I then downloaded a zip file containing the Paint scheme but can't seem to get it to show up on the plane! Am I dropping it into the wrong folder.? (I've tried putting them in the texture sub-folder and also dropping into the B737_300 folder.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated. 😀

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hello
This sounds like a video card not responding to G-max(its not an old 3dfx card/chip?)No can't be..........Can it? (Used to have one and that happened all the time)
Give a few specs for you pc and we will have a look

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (moormcl) Trainee

Tom, first of all...thanks for always having such a quick response.

I got it to work last night. I downloaded both the aircraft zip file and the SW paint scheme into my "downloads" folder. Unzipped the aircraft folder and then actually unzipped the "btp" file into the aircraft's texture folder. I then dragged the 737_300 folder over and dropped into the "aircraft" folder and lo and behold..there it was in all it's painted glory 😀

Thanks again for the help & support ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

How the............did you work that out?

Well done 😉