Game Port to USB adaptor

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Is there an adaptor for the Microsoft Force Feedback Pro joystick. I got hold of one from a friend (I'm currently using a Saitek Cyborg). It is a 15 pin gameport connection though, and all I have are USB ports. Please help, I'd love to have a rudder again...

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

yes ok is there a best buy near you or in your area.?????>>>> if so go there they have what ever you are looking for

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There isn't a specific adapter for that stick just generic adapters.
If like JJB said you can't find it locally you can get them on line.
We've had mixed results posted here for adapters, they work for some and others complained.

Radar

spuddi Guest

I used to use one. it worked Ok for most of the time, however every so often the game would move the throttle to where I had it on the joystick (i never used the joystick throttle) so I would suddenly go idle.
It was as if the adapter thought i had just moved the throttle.

in the end I just left the throttle in the middle postion so that i wouldn't get large drops/increases in power.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Where you have more than one device, you have to make sure that the unwanted throttle is disabled on one device via the FS settings. I have both a joystick and an MS Sidewinder game contoller(for the extra buttons). And the "preferred" throttle works fine.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...