FS is amazing

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I did not realize that FS9 detected landing gear damage. I took off in a Dash-7 (Canadian ice patrol version) and discovered the right landing gear would not retract.

Figuring it would collapse on landing, I lowered the gear, touched down very gently, keeping the stick slightly left and the rudder slightly right. Just before the plane came to a stop, the damaged gear collapsed.

I wonder if FS9 detects when the passenger restrooms in the 747 malfunction.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I found that out the hard way when the whole gear collapsed on my 744 Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow (EGLL) to Washington Dulles. It was a soft landing but the gear just collapsed and I crashed. Was not impressed Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Not as bad as one version of Air Force One where the nose gear collapses just sitting on the runway. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

that happens to me alot especialy on the boeing 777-400 i was landing in SALT LAKE INTERNATIONAL and BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!! the front nose gear colllapsed and that was the end of my plane

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I remember one time, late at night, I took off in a 747, I forgot to bring the gear up, 😂 and when I crossed 300 KIAS, it said, gear damaged. In order to land I had to switch 747s in mid-air. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

thats one thing i like is being able to switch aircraft in mid air

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...