SearchSearch 

MS Windows Security Update CD's

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This just came to me in a newsletter, I thought that some of you might want to sign up for it. I did for both of them.

Microsoft Windows Security Update CD
Microsoft opened a Web site where users can order a Windows Security Update CD. The CD will be shipped to you free of charge.
The CD includes Microsoft critical updates released through October 2003 and information to help you protect your PC. In addition, you will also receive free antivirus and firewall trial software.

The Windows Security Update CD is only available for Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

In the U.S.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp #1

http://www.microsoft.com/security/guidance/order/default.mspx #2

In The U.K.

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/security/protect/update.mspx

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Thanks for the tip

Because XP is so full of holes is MS going to be doing ths on a regular basis?

Spect not

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All OS's are full of holes, no matter who makes them.
They did do it for W98 the year leading up to Y2K. I received 4 or 5 disks from them with updates and the Y2K fix. A lot of pressure on them now with all the viruses made for them. It looks like more will be made for Linux soon.
I would like to see the creatures that make and distribute viruses put in jail for a minimum of 10 years Mandatory.

Mandatory Guest

Twisted Evil What about the *creatures* that made the no cd crack

Are they not the same? They are costing microsoft money because the game can be copied and run without the code on the cd Twisted Evil

I know Virus's harm us all if we are not carefull, but are they not really just having ago at ms?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good point. I imagine that the ones that make the cracks are out for the "fun" of it and the virus makers are out to see how much damage they can do, sort of a "power trip".
Yes they are both doing something illegal, one destroys the other manages his anger at MS in a less destructive way.
Am I trying to rationalize the use of the cracks for my own pleasure, probably.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😂 What a can of worms this is............eerrmmm.........Why did I try to be funny about XP?

It is a very good point about the code crackers though, so Im just off to remove the nocd crack from my pc...................................eerr perhaps not.

😕 Am I as bad for using the crack? 😕

Bumpy landings

atyar Guest

Do they not have a cd image file (iso image) that we can download and burn to run the updates without having to wait 4 weeks? I want the cd for my home computer, where I suffer with dialup, but I have a T-1 at work where I could easily download an image file and burn a cd.... ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There is a way to do it at the "Windows Update" page. They explain it to you if you click around in the left side of the page (the frame that lists the downloads that you need after they scan your system).

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Thanks to Radarman for the MS Security CD info.

Surely the authors of the 'No CD crack' cannot be compared with the authors of viruses. If the users of the 'No CD crack' are just avoiding having to insert the CD 4 every time MS FS is opened on their own computer then they are harming no one. Embarassed
The one's who use the 'No CD crack' for any illegal use are the sinners.
Often the Twisted Evil virus authors Twisted Evil use the excuse that they are attacking the multinational/big busines/MS/IBM/etc, but their attacks always affect individual users of the WWW, causing misery and no little expense to ordinary people - do they class this is as 'collateral damage'???

"Live is like a wet cucumber - when you think you have it in your grasp - it's in your earhole !!! (or any other orifice you can think of)