SearchSearch 

Saving of Nav Settings

Pro Member Trainee
Laurent_Pilot Trainee

Dear Flightsim colleagues,

I am new with fs04 and I wonder how to save nav settings done prior to departure, while the aircraft is on the runway. I also wonder if the resizing of the different cockpit panels can be saved...

I need to know the above in order to avoid to repeat the nav setting before every flights.

Thanks for your help,

Happy landings!!!

6 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Laurent_Pilot wrote:

Dear Flightsim colleagues,

I am new with fs04 and I wonder how to save nav settings done prior to departure, while the aircraft is on the runway. I also wonder if the resizing of the different cockpit panels can be saved...

I need to know the above in order to avoid to repeat the nav setting before every flights.

Thanks for your help,

Happy landings!!!

First off, welcome and cheers for joining! 🍻

When you've made all your changes and want to save them, press the semicolon ';' to do that. IF you want to make this your default flight setup, there will be a checkbox you can tick to make it so.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Pro Member Trainee
Laurent_Pilot Trainee

Hi Rick,

Great, it worked!!! Thank you very much for your speedy answer.

Do you know how to display the NAV2 information (CDI and DME) on the Nav display of the 737?

Happy landings,

Laurent

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Laurent_Pilot wrote:

Hi Rick,

Great, it worked!!! Thank you very much for your speedy answer.

Do you know how to display the NAV2 information (CDI and DME) on the Nav display of the 737?

Happy landings,

Laurent

Glad it helped Laurent! As to the NAV displays, everything that you need is showing in the Radio Magnetic Indicator (Dual Needle RMI) and the Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI). These are the two displays on bottom left of the 737-400 panel.

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welcome Laurent Pilot 🍻

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Welcome Aboard ❗ Group Wave

Pro Member Trainee
Laurent_Pilot Trainee

But how to set the CDI for NAV 2? I mean, I can set the course selector to any course to NAV 1 but I can't figure out how to set a course selector to NAV 2. Regarding the use of the RMI, it allow to display either of the actual course to NAV1 or to the ADF...

Thanks for your help. This site is great!!