appraoch and speed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

when should i begin desending for my appraoch and what should my ground speed be for landing?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Divide your current altitude by 1000 and times it by 3 and descend at around 1500-2000 fpm. Your speed varies with different aircraft but to give your an idea, for a 747 landing speed should be around 160 KIAS max and in a 737 around 135 KIAS. Look in the aircraft operations manual in the Learning Center 😉

Don Wood Guest

As they say in the commercials, "your mileage may vary". It will depend on what kind of aircraft your flying. For instance, 2,000 fpm descent is not unusual in heavy metal. In my C-172, it would be terrifying and I'd be lucky for the aircraft to arrive on the ground in one piece. To be safe, it would have to be done in conditions that allowed that rate of descent without exceeding Vne.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...