Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Upgrade or wait?

Pro Member Trainee
Jay (ejay31) Trainee

Hi everyone.

Currently I have FS2002. I want to upgrade though.

Should I go and buy FS2004 now or wait until FS2006 comes out?

Does anybody know when FS2006 is due to be released?

Thanks for your help Very Happy

KU Guest

UPGRADE Wink fs2004 is amazing, i will still get fs2006 but its just worth having this while i wait for it to be released

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi ejay31, I would say it depends on your rig's specs. FS2004 is a great leap over 2002, but requires a fairly fast system and good video card to enjoy ot's benefits. rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

find out what the requirements are for fs2004 if it will run then buy it because fs2006 will be at least $50$ so i wouldn`t count on getting it on its first month of release. hell i got this for $15$ after waiting 6 months after its release

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

2006 (as far as we know) won't be released until next year. No MS authorized statement yet.

Tell us your computer specs and we can let you know if your computer can handle 2004.
By the way, I'll preorder the sim so I have it the next day, it'll be worth the extra few $ ().

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Jay (ejay31) Trainee

Thanks for your help. My computer specs are:

Windows XP (SP2)
Celron 2.8GHz
446MB of RAM
40GB
(and i'm not sure if this is the correct info) ATI Mobility Radeon 7000 IGP

Also, I don't understand this:

By the way, I'll preorder the sim so I have it the next day, it'll be worth the extra few $ ().

Again, thanks for all your help Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your CPU is up to the sim.
You should have at least 512mb ram, preferably 1 gig. (How do you get 446?)
Your video card is only a 64mb card, you have to step up to a 128mb or better.

If you are planning on 2006, you will have to have 1 gig of ram, 2 would be much better and a 256mb video card. I'm telling you this so you don't run out, spend money on upgrades for 2004 only to be unhappy with your performance when 2006 comes out.

I mentioned the pre-order because JJB wait's until the price goes down 6 months later.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

If you are planning on 2006, you will have to have 1 gig of ram, 2 would be much better and a 256mb video card. I'm telling you this so you don't run out, spend money on upgrades for 2004 only to be unhappy with your performance when 2006 comes out.

I mentioned the pre-order because JJB wait's until the price goes down 6 months later.

Radar

I have a 64 MB video card and it works fine with FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

You'd get better FPS and scenery if you had a better card.
Think of it this way, a bicycle will get you to the store but a car would be faster and better.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

SamIntel wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

You'd get better FPS and scenery if you had a better card.
Think of it this way, a bicycle will get you to the store but a car would be faster and better.

Radar

Yea, your right. But it's not madontory to have a 128 if you have that much RAM. but a 128 would work better.