Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Is my computer compatable to play flight simulater 2004?

VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
Amd athlon Xp 2800+
2.08 Ghz 448 of Ram
89.2GB free space

I am thinking about buying it and didnt now if it was compatable or not.

if it isnt what do you recommend i do to make it compatable?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
Amd athlon Xp 2800+
2.08 Ghz 448 of Ram
89.2GB free space

I am thinking about buying it and didnt now if it was compatable or not.

if it isnt what do you recommend i do to make it compatable?

That is a good system, it will run FS2004 fine. I have Intel Pentium3 1.8GHz and 256 MB of RAM, and I can run FS alright. You should be fine, but for FS 2006 you will need a better system.

Ok thank you very much

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

you can run th FS9 Whit this: 450 MHZ, 128 RAM 😳 , THATS ALL OF COURSE i tried and i can fly very well, you now, but u have a very good cpu so you´ll do fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's all fine but I believe that's an integrated 64mb or possibly 32mb video card.
The flight sim will work ok but the graphics and the FPS (Frames Per Second) won't be up to par.
After you get the sim, you'll see if you want to add a better card. I think you'll enjoy it more if you do.
See if you have an AGP socket for a new card, if not you'll have to do with a PCI card.

Radar

how do i find out of much Mb my video card is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Chief Captain

[quote="RadarMan"]It's all fine but I believe that's an integrated 64mb or possibly 32mb video card.
The flight sim will work ok but the graphics and the FPS (Frames Per Second) won't be up to par.
After you get the sim, you'll see if you want to add a better card. I think you'll enjoy it more if you do.
See if you have an AGP socket for a new card, if not you'll have to do with a PCI card.

OK, SO, mi pc:

PCMCIA Card = no sockets pc installed

is that what u mean?, because i have checked ad mi pc doesn´t show me AGP Sockets or anithing like that just PCI and other stuff.

I´m going to buy another PC, but in the mean time, i whant o now if i can get it better (fps). 🙄

i have a couple slots inthe front of my pc but i dont now if i have that one.

ms/ms pro
mmc/sd
smart media/xD

also how do i find out the Mb of my video card?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Start/run/type in dxdiag/ok and the resulting window should tell you about your card, among other things.

There are a row of white sockets in your computer case, about 5" long. At the end is a light brown one IF you have an AGP socket. My guess is that you don't.
The computer manufacturers are cutting the costs on the computers as much as possible. that's why they gave you an integrated video card and that's why so many people build their own machines.

Radar

well thanks alot everyone for your help. I have one last question with the graphics video card i have will the graphics be bad,good or great.
Thank you for your help and time

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bad, good or great. On a scale of 0 to 100 I would guess 75, the biggest problem would be the FPS, they would be slow so you would have to lower some of the default settings elsewhere to get them to where the aircraft fly's smoothly.
I not only think but know that you will enjoy it after a spending some time fooling with the settings until you find what you like.

Better than good.

Radar

i got the game the graphics or not that stable and the frame rate is slow. do you think i should return it?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

i got the game the graphics or not that stable and the frame rate is slow. do you think i should return it?

What kind of Frame Rates are you getting?

it looks good but i cant tell the control panel of the planes dont have resolution

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

In settings shut down water, textures, shadows. Keep traffic, scenery and autogen at less than half.
Put clouds as low as you can.
This will free up resources for other things.
Play with the settings until you get a picture that you can live with.

Radar

im sorry to bother you again but after about 20 minutes when im playing my computer freezes. Should i coninue play or just return it back to the store? the screen turns black and nothing happens. Then when i want to turn my computer on it struggles a couple of times before it turns on. I think it the problem of my video card thank you for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Maybe it's overheating?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FEM is probably right. It's overheating, when is the last time you opened the case and cleaned all the dust out of the fans.
The most important one is the heatsink fan (CPU), clean the vanes, dust cakes in there.
I would help if you bought ($10) case fan and put it on the grid in the rear to exhaust out the hot air.

The sim is graphic intense so it's overheating a computer that isn't ready for it.

Don't let us stop you from returning it, we're only trying to give you ideas.
Did you enjoy the flight.

Radar

it was ok i like it but its not really enjoyable with the frame rates per secound. And the fact that some of the numbers and letters on the game are hard to see after i took your info and decreased the clowds and stuff.
i dont now if i want to return it but i will see what happens

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The more you turn down or shut off in the settings the better the FPS will get.
The sound takes power also, you could put it on low instead of medium.
Flying over cities or airports makes the FPS go lower. If you fly over somewhere like Alaska or the desert you'll see the FPS go up and the sim go smoother.

Press "Shift+Z" two or three times until you get 2 lines of red information at the top of the screen and you'll see how your FPS and other information are doing.

Radar

ok i will check the frame rate and should i install the update for the game?

i checked the frame rate its locked at 20 frames per secound it wont get anyhigher.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

i checked the frame rate its locked at 20 frames per secound it wont get anyhigher.

20 frames per second is pretty good, you probly want to keep it locked at 20. But if you turn them down then other stuff might work better.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I would lock it (in the settings) at 27, that's just a little above the magic 25 that everyone wants to have as a minimum.
It will drop much lower as I said in graphic intensive areas of the world.

Keep us updated and I'm glad your enjoying the sim even if you have some minor problems.
In a year or so you can always upgrade this machine with a new motherboard, CPU and a new video card.

Radar

In settings i made the texture better for the mountains and stuff it looks great.

Hi i played around with the things now it looks great.Does anyone wanna play multiplayer with me?

fs guy Guest

i have the same onboard graphics as that guy and it takes 64mb off the main systems ram. also i have cfs2 which i think is equivilent to fs2002 but with guns and effects and i can run it full screen 1280 by 1204 at 25fps average

hope this helps