SearchSearch 

Water reflection issue

Flaming Eagle Guest

HI there guys

i have some problem with my water reflection textures, u know these long sun reflection u ot on water at dawn or dusk etc.

I used to see these textures without much problem till one day i stopped seeing them... as if my Gcard doesnt support this effect (not possible because i already had this effect all the time)

i uninstalled and reinstalled, still didnt work, water effect is on HIGH and terrain details are on land only.. (same as it was when it worked)

is there any way to disable and activate the support for this effect in some cfg files? any ideas?

because i cant see the reason for it to stop supporting and showing this effect just like that....

many thx
A.H

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Video drivers can get corrupted, why not clean out the old ones and reinstall new ones.

If that doesn't do it there are water textures that you can download at avsim, if you can't find any I'll do it for you.

Driver cleaner.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Radar

OMFG!#@ it WORKED IT WORKED!!!! WOOOHOOO i thought i will never solve this one! thx a milion dude! u are the G-R-E-A-T-E-S-T 🍻 🍻 Group Wave 👏 👏 Punk 👍 Drool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Great, I'm glad that it was that easy, enjoy!

Radar

Scope2 Guest

I have the same problem - no nice reflection??

No i'll try clean my drivers .. to see if it helps .. But any other ideas?

I own a Radeon 9800 - guess it should be dx9.0 enabled.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Scope2 wrote:

I have the same problem - no nice reflection??

No i'll try clean my drivers .. to see if it helps .. But any other ideas?

I own a Radeon 9800 - guess it should be dx9.0 enabled.

Try it and install new ones, I have the same card.
Let us know how you do.

Radar