Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Better,Worse and why?

Do you think that forum has ".............." since last year?
Improved
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Got worse
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
become an evening task
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'm just curious see what you people think.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

It seems to have gotten much better. We've ironed out the crinkles, and aside from stupid guest posts every now and again, it's awesome!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Unfortunatelly im a new member(about 2 months) but i think its getting better and better.The reason i believe this is that day by day the members of this community getting more and this isnt just from luck.This means that this site and its forums has knowledge to offer.Of course a popular site like this is atractive to lot of guys which came here just for fun and nothing more.But they are a few and they dont stay for long time.Especially for this forum i believe that since we have the ''off topic forum'' it will be clearer.

This is my opinion and i open to discussions or corrections.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We have new members that add quite a bit of experience to the already experienced early members. New forums, the screenshot gallery is getting cleaned up and for the large amount of members that we do have there are very few "disagreements".
We're all getting better with out knowledge of the sim and more than willing to share that knowledge, the most interesting thing I see is that after two years of the same sim no one seems to tire of it. I guess it's a combination of things, a new experience every time we go for a flight and all of the amazing add-ons that are coming out.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

This is a very good question, well done JVD!

In my opinion the problem with this site started a couple of months ago, it seemed fine until then, when a lot of childish happenings happened. Example the loss of a valid member from Newcastle UK and certain other players that don't post anymore/often (DaveC). The introduction of the 'Off Topic Forum' is a major plus point for me. This is why I'm back. I'm sure from here we, as a group, can go forward.

For me the patience of TTT and Radarman is incredible, well done guys! As I've said before, I'm here to learn and help, anyway I can, other members/guests that don't have as much experiance with FS9 as I (which is limited I know).

There are a lot of knowledgable people here so lets pull together to make this a great site for all visitors.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'd say it's great to see that people think it's improved. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Very good question.

And good honest responses.

My thoughts are;

Greekman72; With respect, I'm not sure that it's just a case of increasing members. Since you are a new member, you've seen lots of cool new people join. But to be honest, some of the old, wise Jedi's have been put off by some of the new people, and don't come by any more.

So it's more of an "Audience shift" I think maybe.

Sylvan sums it up best for me ....... there was a real BAD PATCH about 2 months ago, with lot's of arguments and tension.... but good news is I think this has passed now and it's getting good again.

I think the Off-Topic forum has helped loads.

And I wish Dave C was still around on here because he is a hugely intellingent gent that knows LOADS about the sim.

COME BACK DAVE C !!

The forum could be EVEN BETTER if :-

- The administration of the site was better mangaged. (By "you know who"), who should be supporting RadarMan and TTT a lot more).

- People respected that there are a lot of different views and because people don't always agree with every viewpoint, doesn't mean they are allowed to bully people.

BUT THIS IS STILL THE BEST FS FORUM ON THE PLANET - AND IT'S DOWN TO THE PEOPLE AND THE WILLINGNESS TO HELP EACHOTHER

😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My friend Pro-sim

I have to explain that im not say that its getting better and better cause of the new members(although i believe that this helps too)I said that its getting beter and this is proved cause it is atractive to new people.Maybe my bad English doesnt help me a lot to be understanding.I apologise Embarassed and i try to improve it day by day.

As about the respectful members that left this site,with all the respect to them,i think that we must not go back in front of the first difficulty.As i m sure you have notice, there are a lot of people here that post topics that they leave the site etc. and i was one with lot of others that try to make them change their minds.Even im a new one i feel that i have to support this site and try to improve it with the small knowledges i have to offer and first of all with patience and decent behaviour to every kind of post i see here.

Of course this is a friendly post and i ensure you that i dont reply cause you words has bothering me.Not at all 🙂

Friendly 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Friendly.. right back at ya, Greekman 😀

PS. your English is great. I wish I could write in another language as well as you do in English.

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well thanks a lot Embarassed .You are very kind. 😀

P.S.what a great simming room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👏 👏 👏