Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

US TV

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Is there anyway I can watch US tv on my sat dish here in the UK. I think I can but I'm not 100% sure if I can or not. Do you guys know the answer or not?

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I'm in the UK, and also run custom satellite TV to recieve German stations. I have a 80cm dish with motorised arm to switch between different satellites.

At the moment, we can only recieve European stations on any of the availible satellites, some middle-eastern also. The US satellites have a totally different footprint, broadcasting over the USA - not Europe, so It's not possible to recieve full US tv here in the UK, of course we can recieve stuff like CNN, CNBC... because they are relayed by certain providers. Let me know if you need to know anything else Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

All depends on what set up you have

You cant pick up a US TV platform like Sky because Satellites beam down in a tight(ish) beam and the curvature of the earth prevents the UK from seeing them

There are US channels rebroadcast via a number of satellites but to pick them up you will need a large motorised dish and special LNB

ABC1 is currently testing on Sky Digi

Goto system setup and enter Arrow

10.862 (H), symbol rate 22000 and FEC 5/6 under the label "9010".