i am having trouble landing the plaine because as i land the air traafic controler says land on ronway 6L or 6R i do not know which 1 is which. also in flight simulator as i create a flight i find route and finding it very difficult aswell because it dosent show were to circle for the runway so your in level flight.plzz could somebody give me a few tips of how to do this.!!!
thank you !! 😞 🙄
Use your GPS and zoom in on the map(only ok when near the airport)So use the map button on the panel(or hit Alt and the select map and zoom in again on the airport.You can do this from anywhere
Use this guide to help you ILS
THIS IS FOR IFR FLIGHT!
1. When ATC says something liek "WifeBeater 767, you are 32 Miles away. Turn right heading 105, descend and mantain 2,500 feet, cleared ILS runway 36R Approach". You have to click on your MAP icon in your cockipt. Then, move your mouse over the destination airport. Mind you, the airport MUST have the ILS feathers (thes are the green things that point to the runway). Double click on the airport. A list will show up. Scroll down the list untill you see a chart that shows Runway numbers. FInd 36R, or whatever your runway is. You look to the right and see a radio frequency. We'll use 100.100 because its easy to remember. Don't forget the frequency.
2. Open up your Radio Stack, and enter in 100.100 in the NAV1 Radio, usually the righmost radio number is the one that can be messed with. After you enter it 100.100, using the mouse wheel or clickin it. Press the button that looks like thsi somewhat, its in the middle of the 2 radio displays <-----> That changes the NAV1 Radio frequency from whatever it was, to what it is now (100.100)
3.Turn on the NAV1 Radio by clicking the switch at the bottom of the radio stack, unless its already on, like with the LearJet.
4. If you have Autopilot, and you are using GPS to follow waypoints, switch the NAV/GPS button back to NAV!!!! YOU CANT FORGET TO DO THAT!!! YOU'LL BURN AND DIE IF YOU DONT!!
5. Follow ATC directions to approach. Now, when you approach the Runway, you will see the pink arrows near your attitude indicator move...usually Heading first, then Altitude. Simply fly in the directon and atitude of the pink arrows intull they center themselves, that means you're on the glideslope!
6. If you wanna use the autopilot to fly the approach, simply follow steps 1-4, then click the APPR button on the autopilot panel.
Runways are in mag course. Rwy 6 is 060 degrees. If they tell you to land on 6L, that's the runway on the left when you are heading 060 towards the runway.