New PC Hardware

jarred_01 Guest

Hey there, I am considering purchasing a completely new PC system, I was wondering what hardware you would recommed to run FS2004 well at full speed.

I am interested in a good CPU, graphics card, RAM, monitor, etc.

Thanks,
Jarred 🙂 🙂

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you buying it, building it, and what do want to spend.
Monitor, LCD or CRT.

Radar

jarred_01 Guest

I am interested in building it myself, and having an LCD monitor.

Money is not a concern.

Thanks, Jarred.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Hi ya

I would go for the PCI-Express motherboard. You would want at least a 3ghz processer and a min of 1024mb of ram. try these sites

UK Store

US store

PCI-E motherboards come in socket 775 for intel and socket 754 & socket 939/940 for AMD. If your going to overclock check out the ASUS mobo's. I would try and go for water cooling as the price's have come down abit in the last 6 months.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'd go for the new SLI boards, but you can only use 1 card now for this edition of the flight sim, it's not made to use two. The next one probably will and you can add the other card then.

A minimum of 2 gigs ram, I would get 3.
Water cooled would be ideal, if not fans fans fans, to take cool air in and hot out.
A Philips LCD monitor is top of the line.
For a video card.
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050524/vga_charts-07.html
The new boards only take nvidia, but Intel has one that will use ATI.
A Antec power supply, 600w would handle all the top of the line hardware you have, if you get a cheap brand the power usually isn't there even though they say it is. You get what you pay for.
A good case like LIAN-LI.

What country are you in so we can give you websites to look at.

Radar

jarred_01 Guest

Hey there,

thanks for your information you have provided me with.

I live in New Zealand by the way.

Thanks,

Jarred 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, I don't know of a good supplier down there.

I hope that you get that computer together for the sim, you'll really enjoy it you fly on a top grade machine.

Let us know if we can help with anything else and let us also know how it's coming along.
Good luck!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

When you get a processor, go for AMD, they seem to have more raw power for the money than Intel does. But I hear Intel is better for a work-PC as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Hey there, I am considering purchasing a completely new PC system, I was wondering what hardware you would recommed to run FS2004 well at full speed.

I am interested in a good CPU, graphics card, RAM, monitor, etc.

Thanks,
Jarred 🙂 🙂

My dad says the next computer we get we will build it ourselfs, that way we'll get everything we want. And it he thinks I'll learn alot from it too.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...