Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Inflight - Chicago to Baltimore

crosscheck9 Guest

I'm currently in-flight from Chicago to Baltimore. It's pretty boring up here, but I took off at dawn, so we have some nice scenery. I'm flying via High Altitude Airways. I passed my first VOR about 4 minutes ago, and now it's mostly intersections for most of the flight, besides a few more VOR's along the way. Cruising at FL320, at Mach 8 in a Posky B757-200 in American Airlines livery. It's going to be about another hour before landing, so I figured I might as well check out the forums while I'm up here. I'll let you know how the flight goes.

crosscheck9 Guest

Sorry - I mean Mach 0.8. I'm not crazy.

crosscheck9 Guest

Well, the flight went well. For approach, I had to go the opposite end of the airport, so I flew a full pattern. On final, I found a 737-700 not too far away from me, and it was slow getting off of the runway, so I had to go-around, which really ticked me off. However, after we came in for a second attempt, everything went perfectly. I was a little high off of the glidpath, so I reduced to idle a little earlier, and flared a little more. I'm going to fly out of Baltimore to DFW, AA's hub, but not right now.

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

When you're flying with the computers ATC, I always try to do S-Turns if I'm following the aircraft on final, because he is always slow exiting the runway. I watched a 737 land at San Fransisco while waiting to take-off, and he just sat still fo about forty seconds.

Sounds like a nice flight. Cool

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Yo crosscheck!

I have yet to use the inflight forum option and need to get ramped up on how it's done. Sounds like fun to post about the progress of flights in REAL TIME!! Smile

--I agree, just from reading your post I could pick up on the immediacy of what you were concerned about and the progress of the flight!! -Cool flight bro. Cool

Left seat to Fly Away brothers ...it's looking good for landing!! Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Sorry for the late reply OrlandoGeorge. If your still interested, it's a actually very simple. Go the the FS2004 downloads and search for "Kneeboard" in the FS2004 Utilities section. Download and instll it. When thats done, all you have to do is open up the kneeboard, and your at the website. Try it out and let us know how you get one Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer

Just one quick question ..What directory does the inflight kneeboard program go into? Like the main FS directory or some other..? -The reason that I have not installed it untill now is that I saw a read me on it a while back that looked ultra complicated. Shocked I don't do ultra-complicated things so good bro. Confused

-OG. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Place the program in the Aircraft Section...Let us know if it works out

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Crosscheck, I will download it today and she how she goes. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

there is also a sticky post in this board with the knee board in.

I released an updated one that keeps the original key mappings listed AND gives a link to the forum at the top of the list Very Happy

Hope this helps

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4929/for-flyaway-or-site-admin/