Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Off topic!!! I need a favor.

Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

I'm very sorry for posting a totally off topic post in FS forum, but due to the previous (friendly) experience with flight simmers here, I feel I won't be let down. I posted the same thing in IMDb boards, but they made fun of me, saying I want to start another war in Europe... So please don't do the same.

However not serious this may seem to you, it is serious for me. You see, I had a person I talked to for over two years by e-mail. As I viruse-cleaned my computer, I lost her e-mail and haven't heard from her for a year. I think I remember the e-mail but the thing is, she lives in Austria and thus the e-mail has that German letter "O" with two dots on it. I'm not really sure that matters, but I've tried sending an e-mail with a normal "O" a lot of times, and it kept getting returned.

So if any of you live in Austria (or Germany), or at lease have the letter "O" with the dots on your keyboard, I'd like you to send the mail for me. Otherwise, you could tell me about a find-people site, but I'm more confident in the first option, and I wouldn't like to pay some money to some site that doesn't really GUARANTEE correct search results.

Well... Thanks ahead! Wink

P.S. I'll definitely check for answers tomorrow, and perhaps the next day, but I'm note sure how often will I get to go online from two days on, so don't think I've neglected this topic if I don't answer back for a while.

Also, feel free to send me a PM if you think you can help me!

Very Happy

Bart

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I have the two letters in my keyboard. Well, I have to press 2 or 3 keys so that I can get that letter.

Here it is..... and
You can select the letter and copy it. Then paste it.

Oh, by the way, we have an Off-Topic Forum here: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/23/off-topic/

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hold down the "Alt" key and press 148 on your keyboard and you'll get . Be sure to have the numlock light on.
After you answer, I'll move this to the OT forum.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Hold down the "Alt" key and press 148 on your keyboard and you'll get . Be sure to have the numlock light on.
After you answer, I'll move this to the OT forum.

Radar

I do it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P and I get this .
If I don't press Shift I get this .

My way is the complicated way Laughing I tried RadarMan's way and it's faster. How do you know which numbers should I press to get a sign, letter, or something else? Do you just guess? I don't think so....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No guessing involved, someone has figured out how to put all the keyboard letters and symbols available for everyone with a normal keyboard.
I live in the US so I only have the $ sign but now I can make the and also, how about .

Use the keypad not the numbers above the letters, sorry.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I always use the keypad when pressing Alt+any number. But I do it my way by pressing Ctrl+Alt+any letter or number.
Yes, I admit, your way is better than mine Wink

Edit: Have you got this one? The Japanese money sign. I don't remember the name.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a very handy "program", I use the fractions often. Yen I believe .

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

Start>Run>Charmap Cheers!

Pro Member First Officer

That's all very nice, but the first problem is that I can't get the letter whatever I type, and second, it says the e-mail can't contain such letters even if I copy-paste it, so I thought maybe I can't send an e-mail with the "" from this country, but perhaps only from Germany or Austria, which doesn't make any sense, but I don't know what else could it be. Maybe I simply type the wrong e-mail, but I tried everything: @yahoo.com; hotmail.com, and even yahoo.net, which of course isn't.
I mean, how the heck can people from Germany/Austria send e-mails to each other if I can't?! Shocked Question Confused

Thanks for help anyway. Sad

I guess I should try some find-people thing if there's no other solution.

Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My friend Bartholomew im very sorry that thinks doesnt go right for you but maybe you dont do something wrong.
I mean that maybe your e-mails has no problems and the only reason which you dont get answers is that your friend has change her e-mail or stops using or checking it.I know a lot of guys ,including me, who has more than one e-mail adresses and some of them never been used....or stop to use them.I dont want to dissapoint you of course, or to have fun with you, but these thinks happens to internet friendships.

If you use a messenger (msn,yahoo,etc) have you try to check your contacts from tools/options menu?Maybe you could find her e-mail there just to be sure that you have remembered it right.

Im very sorry again and i wish to recontact with this person.I know the sense of loosing a friend(even though he is an internet friend) and its hard... Sad

Pro Member First Officer

No, no, Greekman ...

The problem is that Mail Delivery Subsistem always returns messages I send to that address, so the person doesn't even get it. And trust me, she's got only one e-mail and used to check it daily for two years. But as I said, that's not the problem.

Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont have reasons to not believe you Barthlomew.If you are sure that its an e-mail problem i bet(and hope) that you will find the way to contact with your friend. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

Start>Run>Charmap Cheers!

Punk Fantastic, thanks!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah, I hope so too ...

Thanks! And wish me luck, Very Happy
because tomorrow happens to be my first day at aeronautical high school! Specialization: air technician! Very Happy And God knows ... ! I might become a pilot one day. But if not, I still get to fix 'em on the ground. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats Great!!!

Fight for your dreams and you will see that all will become true.

Good luck to your studies.

Pro Member First Officer

Fight for your dreams and you will see that all will become true.

It's what everybody keeps telling me! Laughing

And fortunately it's true! Smile

Wink