Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What if

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

What if your on on your way on vacation and there was a problem with pilot & co-pilot and you where called would you be able to step upto the plate and try and land the plane in one piece. Remember that the pax & cargo are in the fate of your hands.

Would your experience in FS9 (or earlier version) kick in or would you panic and lose it completely.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hard to say unless you've been in that position. There was a whole website dedicated to that question, I'll try and find it Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Are we going to have internet connection to FLY AWAY in order to make questions for things that dont go well(HELP...!!!!Pls can anyone help me to refuel???I press ''X'' and nothing happens)... Wink Wink Wink
I have to notice that we all have some more experience from other passengers (if we are in a commercial flight)...the experience of virtual(fortunately)crashes... Wink Wink Wink

Well ,in serious, i have think of it a lot of times and my opinion seems to be that sometimes the reality is far from the virtual one.Although i have no doubt that we will be more familiar from others with the flight deck...

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Opinion: No.

Having said that, I would grant you that familiarity with the instruments would help if the tower were to talk you down in perfect weather conditions, but there's no substitute for lessons, ground school, and flying by the seat of your pants experience.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I might be able solo in a 150 or 172. But jets on the other hand, are really different. Also, if that were ever happened to one of us, we'd most likely panic and forget a few things we've learned.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Didn't you ever notice on the back of your ticket there's a little box to check, it says:
In case of emergency do you know how to use FS9.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Chief captains can sign - but trainees should leave blank Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Didn't you ever notice on the back of your ticket there's a little box to check, it says:
In case of emergency do you know how to use FS9.

Radar

Clapping

*Help, tower? Where's the pause button?* Fear