First Shave - Bad experience

crosscheck9 Guest

Well, I just had my first shave, and it was the worst experience of my life - I cut my self in the moustache area, and it kills. It refuses to clot too. I didn't have anyone around to tell me how to do it, so I had to improvise. This stuff hurts, and it's annoying. I guess these are the perks of manhood, hehe.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

THE ULTIMATE FEM SHAVING GUIDE

This was long overdue

1. Use about a golf ball sized (after it swells up) pile of shaving cream

2. Apply everywhere you plan to shave

3. Be sure your razor is sharp.

4. Start at the cheeks, use downward and STRAIGHT DOWNWARD swipes. Don't go diagonal, you'll kill youself.

5. When you get to the neck area, use downward strokes untill you reach adam's apple, from there down, go upward gently.

crosscheck9 Guest

Lol, Thanks for the tip FEM - I'll be sure to put it into action next time I'm due for a shave - Ouch, this burns!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Sorry to hear that (by the way, this is more an off-topic forum kinda thing than general).

Hopefully, may you be blessed with poor facial hair growth. The whole line of males in the Hodges family are terrible facial hair growers, so shaving isn't nearly the hassle it is with some!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Get an electric razor or just grow a short close beard and use and electric beard trimmer on it. I do.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You think you have a problem, I worked with an indian once (commanche I think he was) and their custom was to pluck their beard out. Try that and shaving will be a lot less painful.🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Something more from me...
Before start shaving wash your face with warm water about 1 minute and then put the foam,cream or soap (anything you use)and dont start shaving before 2-3 minutes pass.This helps the beard and the epidermis to get smoother.After shaving wash your face with cold water.This helps the epidermis to get tight and calm down the litle angers and also stops bleeding from some small (and i mean small)cuttings.Then you can use an after shave of your choice.Because you are new in shaving and your epidermis hasnt get used of the razor yet try to use something without a lot of alcohol in it...except if you like your face to get on fire 😉 Have,just in case, a hemostat stick in your shaving accesories.(But if you are careful and do the right things you will never have to use it)
Of course if you just have finish your bath you dont have to do...step 1(washing with warm water for one minute).
Learn your beard and dont ever push hard the razor to the places that you have hard beard.DONT YOU NEVER BE IN HURRY WHEN YOU SHAVING.Its a 5 minutes procces and its about your face.Smooth and long movements, and a good set of shaving accesories makes shaving always perfect.

Good luck 😉

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Get an electric razor or just grow a short close beard and use and electric beard trimmer on it. I do.

Radar

Finally, a clue as to what RM looks like. Pretty hip for 99 years old, dude. Wink

I do the same btw. The smooth-shaved look is a bit dated IMHO and resembles a freshly-spanked face if you're fair like me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

🙂)

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

🙂)

This is about shaving the face, right? LOL. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Actually no...is about RadarMan's look.. 😉

What do you mean with ''IMHO''.Maybe if i get it Embarassed i could laugh with this too.My bad English always hit.I need to Read more.....

😉

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

Actually no...is about RadarMan's look.. 😉

What do you mean with ''IMHO''.Maybe if i get it Embarassed i could laugh with this too.My bad English always hit.I need to Read more.....

😉

Sorry, it's an acronym for "In My Humble Opinion." 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You dont have to be sorry...I have to thank you cause i learn something new and i appriciate it.

Well now i get your point and as a dated... 😉 person i have to say that you must be honest and tell to all of us that you pay all your money to FS downloads and dont have enough to buy razors.... 😉 😉 😉

🙂) 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

You dont have to be sorry...I have to thank you cause i learn something new and i appriciate it.

Well now i get your point and as a dated... 😉 person i have to say that you must be honest and tell to all of us that you pay all your money to FS downloads and dont have enough to buy razors.... 😉 😉 😉

🙂) 🍻

LOL! 😂

Yes, there's the cost and the time issue as well, lol. Who has time for a proper shave when you're looking up a systems simulation command in a 175-page payware manual, hehe?

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

🙂) 🙂) 🙂)

LooooL 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...