Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Court docs: Ballmer vowed to 'kill' Google

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

A reliable source has passed along a legal document in the ongoing lawsuit between Google and Microsoft over Google's hiring of Kai-Fu Lee. The document is the "Declaration of Mark Lucovsky" in the case. Lucovsky was a distinguished engineer at Microsoft who defected to Google in November of 2004. His statement makes for some pretty interesting reading, to say the least.

Court docs: Ballmer vowed to 'kill' Google

It's hit the wires!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Google with the $ from the recent IPO is trying to take different parts of the market, they're after MS and MS knows it.
Now it's their turn to sue and lock someone up in court like that bunch did to them in the 90's.

Google has done this before.
http://www.linuxpipeline.com/news/57703802

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

The pie is big and tasty and some guys thought that they gonna eat it all alone.... Wink

Very very interesting spots. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

Google with the $ from the recent IPO is trying to take different parts of the market, they're after MS and MS knows it.
Now it's their turn to sue and lock someone up in court like that bunch did to them in the 90's.

Google has done this before.
http://www.linuxpipeline.com/news/57703802

Radar

Clearly there are many sides to this story. MS has owned this market for a long time, so it must feel a bit weird with another corp challenging them. Google does some things really well, but I don't look forward to seeing their logo on everything.

Remember when OS/2 was serious (or seemed to be) competition for the OS market? That was all sorted in time, lol.

Despite how "cool" it is to run Linux I'm very happy with Windows and look forward to Vista and some of the benefits it will bring once all the drivers are in and the bugs out.

Speaking of Vista, I hear we'll typically be able to run much longer without rebooting, and I quote e-week.com: "One of the new reliabililty features built into Vista frees users from having to restart Windows Vista when installing or updating an application."

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Vista has been more than 5 years in the making they better get it right.
Too many OS's have come up and then disappeared as you say like this new one Lindows (Linspire), it's a very close copy (GUI) of WXP but who is going to spend $ to make games for it.
The open source office suites will run on it but it's a cheap OS for some companies to use to keep their computer setup price low (Wal-Mart).

Radar