Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

One of the USA's greatest landmarks

Picasso Guest

Quiet flight at dusk past one of America's greatest landmarks -
can you make out the FPS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Beautiful shot, but flying a little low aren't you.
I know, it's the only way to get that shot.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Picasso wrote:

Beautiful shot mate! Thanks for posting it.

Yep, your frames are good but they're locked to high with respect to what you're actually pulling. You should aim for 1-2 FPS less than your average so that your CPU is free to work on grabbing more scenery ahead. Also, if you were to lock at about 25-30 you might be able to up your AA a bit more.

Rick

Picasso Guest

SoCalRick wrote:

Picasso wrote:

Beautiful shot mate! Thanks for posting it.

Yep, your frames are good but they're locked to high with respect to what you're actually pulling. You should aim for 1-2 FPS less than your average so that your CPU is free to work on grabbing more scenery ahead. Also, if you were to lock at about 25-30 you might be able to up your AA a bit more.

Rick

Thanks for the tip, Rick - I will try that - I am experimenting with my new rig -

AMD Athlon 64 3500 with Hyper Transport 1000 - EKL Silent Cooler - nVidia nForce 4 Chipset
DDR 400 RAM 1024 Mb dual memory (virtual 2Gb)

Graphics card - nVidia Geforce 6645 256 Mb wih PCI Express and Silent Pipe

Everything is very quiet - have to look and and see if the thing is actually switched on !!!
Massive tower - h - 17"/d - 20"/w - 7"

17" Flatron monitor

Haven't yet had time to read up on all the bumph - too busy playing with it - (I will rephrase that) playing with the machine!!
I'm like a dog wit two tails!!!

Picasso Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Thumbs Up! Beautiful shot, but flying a little low aren't you.
I know, it's the only way to get that shot.

Radar

I like living near the edge - had permission from the USMFA, NYPA and the AEBC and who the hell would see if it I took it from 3,500 feet
Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Picasso wrote:

Haven't yet had time to read up on all the bumph - too busy playing with it - (I will rephrase that) playing with the machine!!
I'm like a dog wit two tails!!!

I bet! That's a monster alright, probably leaves skid marks on your desk when you fire it up!

Congrats on the hardware, sounds like you're in good shape for FS10 already.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Great picture Thumbs Up!

Guest Ed Guest

Well, my framerates aren't that high, but for fun try LANDING on that little island. I've done it.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Cool to land on that little island but try landing on it with that Lufthansa or other passenger jet and one would be soon greeted by sidewinders.