SearchSearch 

[ POLL ] Airbus or boeing?

gazpode_l@yahoo.com Guest

I have a poll/question relating to aircraft. Have you ever had the pleasure of flying both boeings and airbuses? well I used to fly a Northwest airlines a320 in fs98 and loved it. As I felt it flew so well I thought that I could almost land it anywhere, which I even managed to prove as I put it down on the runway at meigs with a few ft to spare!

The boeings I find I am only really able to fly the 737 really well and struggle to safely land the heavies as they seem reluctant to ever want tocome down! Therefore based on this I prefer airbus...WHAT DO YOU PREFER?

45 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I prefer Boeing. I find the planes better looking and more fun to fly 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Same with Jon for me.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Oh man....is there any other Airbus fan here or am I the only one? 🙄

I prefer Airbus.....FOREVER!! 😀 I love their aircrafts. They look nicely, lovely, cute, sexy, and wonderful! Every one of them looks awesome.
I also find that Airbus aircraft are waaay much smoother then Boeing aircraft, therefore, you can travel safely and very confortable.

Boeing is also very safe, I admit it. But you guys have to recognize that the Fly-By-Wire System in all Airbuses are built to make all their flights safer, much confortable, and smooth.

Pro Member Trainee
MaXimusMyth Trainee

I'm an Airbus man myself, if for nothing more than the distinct bellowing howl of the engines as they soar over and away from the airport on takeoff.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

My signature may be of a 787 but I almost praise airbus.Although the 747 does look rather nice. Nah, i'd rather stick with airbus.

There are hundreds of reasons why i Choose but here's one that I'm sure you'll understand. Almost all of boeing aircraft types have had some fatal accidents.Where's the Airbus A340 has had some extremely bad accidents but not once has someone lost their life on an A340. Now that's what I call class.

Pro Member Chief Captain

It's nice to feel accompanied now.... 🙂

I understand what you mean JVD. That's why I said in the topic about the other crash of a 737, that Boeing should build a new modern short-haul aircraft. Those 737 are old, and the A340 isn't. It was built with a really good and safe technology. Also, take into account that the Fly-By-Wire System saves lives too.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain

What? You don't like her?

She's the mother of all Airbus aircrafts....Do you want to know why?

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

Why would you jump to that conclusion?

Pro Member Chief Captain

SoCalRick wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

Because most people, specially Boeing fans, don't like this aircraft.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

SoCalRick wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

Because most people, specially Boeing fans, don't like this aircraft.

I'm an aviation fan first and Boeing fan second. I've been heckled by Boeing fans before simply by appreciating the contributions to aviation made by Airbus. These are usually children or cynical adults however, and I find that the true fans of aviation (as compared to Boeing or Airbus "fan boys") recognize all advances in aircraft technology.

A bunch of us stayed up all night to watch the live feed of the A380's first flight, and I'm sure you'll do the same when the 787 flies for the first time.

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain

Of course I will. I am another aviation fan. I admire every single plane.

Rick, sorry if I misunderstood your post showing that pic.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Agus0404 wrote:

Of course I will. I am another aviation fan. I admire every single plane.

Rick, sorry if I misunderstood your post showing that pic.

No problem at all, I understand. Can you believe that some fanatic Boeing fan boys (members of another FS forum, not here) were actually posting messages to say they were only watching the A380 first flight to laugh in the event of a crash? Their messages were wiped pretty quick. For the most part true aviation fans do appreciate amazing advances as with the Beluga, A380, Boeing 747, Antonov AN225, and so on.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Those people are really stupid....

Well, many people thought that the A380 was never going to take off. Finally, this giant aircraft took off and most people were surprised.

I have a copy of the first take-off and landing. It was really a great day.

I am looking forward to see the first take off of the 787 and the A350...

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Boeing for me.

I just like their designs and cockpits a lot more than Airbus, although I have never flown in one, just going on what I have seen over the years.

Im partial to the 737 😎

gazpode_l Guest

FOA AGUS404
Agus, you mention video's of the airbus's takeoff and landing. Where on the net can I go to watch this?

Gary

Pro Member Chief Captain

I forgot to look for the link and today I remembered about that 😂

I couldn't find the link yet. It was a post made by tomthetank, but for some reason I can't find any topics written by him.

I'll let you know throughout this topic if I found the link.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Found it! 😀

Here's the website. You have to look through it to find the Airbus videos.
The one I really liked was the A320 Fly-By-Wire video.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Everything in Airbuses are computerized, wich makes it easier, but takes the fun out of flying.

Pro Member Chief Captain

In my opinion, flying Airbuses don't take the fun out of flying. You feel very safe flying an Airbus and also you are seeing the future in front of your eyes. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

boeing all the way

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Put me in the Boeing camp. I'm from California. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

um I cant be sure airbus and boeing are pretty well matched they are very close in plane maintence, looks, and flying capabilities.

I must say Im an aviation fan there is hardly anyplane I dislike.

well except for those new X-PLANES weird little devils aren't they.

I guess if I had to choose it would be boeing.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Airbuses are government funded and look government designed. They have no personality or soul. That's my opinion anyway.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Well, Crash Gordon, I'm gonna call you out on that one, because it's not an opinion of yours, it's what you have been spoon fed. I don't mind different opinions, but form them yourself don't just adopt someone else's 😉 Before I say anything else, let me say this is not personal and it's not an admonition, just my opinion.

Airbus has received "government" (actually multi-government) subsidies, but so has Boeing. Actually there have been a couple of points, where Boeing would have gone down but for some "miraculous" contracts by the US government. I don't mind, that's how these things go! But let's not be one-sided here 😛 Now, receiving some money, is far from being "government funded". Airbus makes enough money (lately way more than Boeing) selling their planes.

Now on to the personal opinion: Airbus planes do not look government designed at all! For one, each plane is different and not just "tube", "longer tube", "longest tube". The A320 is very different from the 330, the 340, the 350, the 380 and I don't mean size only. Their character is different. I'm not saying Boeing planes are bad. The 737, while not unique by any standard does have a lot of character, the 747 is unique. The rest are not impressive to me, the 757 is unique looking enough I suppose and the newest one, the 7E7 (?) looks ok - certainly futuristic and innovative. But as for character and beauty, I'd say Airbus tops are the 320, the 340 (have you EVER seen such a sleek and beautiful "heavy"?) and the new 350 takes the cake I think. I'm not a big fan of the 380, although she's certainly impressive. Boeing tops are probably the 747 and 737, but I find the 767, 777 unremarkable and rather bland.

The bottom line: Both make good planes. I like (or even love) designs on both camps. I can't really choose, although I do think Airbus has done more innovative things with their cockpits and their computers (although the newest Boeing cockpit looks out of this earth). Either way, I will not say one or the other are worthless and survive only on government money, or that their designs look government designed 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Truth be told, there is an element of nationalism in my opinion. That said, Airbuses all look like flying cigars to me. Russian aircraft have always looked interesting. Some of their cargo planes were massive, even brutish looking, but they had character. The 737 and 747 are unmistakable. While the 767 reminds me of an overweight 707, the 757 doesn't look too bad. The Airbuses remind me of 1985 Volvos in that their design is solid, but they don't look exciting (to me, at least). Sleep

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Glad we agree on some things at least.

Here, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.sme.sk/cdata/1855666/20041212005_A350_big.jpg

But it's more than just the eye candy. Light and durable materials, eco friendly, recyclable, less emmissions, less fuel consumed.. it's all about the design. The 350 looks like the ultimate medium sized long haul aircraft. LOOKS, mind you. We'll see how well it does and Boeing will no doubt be a formidable opponent in this 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

B-O-E-I-N-G

I have been a piolt for over 20 years for delta and 95% of our aircrafts are.....guess.........guess????? Boeing! lol 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

Airbus=whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo splat

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't think that is quite fair. With the exception of about 8 A320's with cocked nose gear problems, they haven't given me concerns about airworthiness. I just find them bland. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I have voted for Boeing on previous occasions guys but was really big impressed with that Airbus and the recent emergency landing at KLAX concerning the landing gear misalignment issue. --Okay, I know it's moot but hey!! --Don't forget about good old McDonnell Douglas
!?? 😉

Holy Smokes!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 😳

Pro Member Trainee
RobertDuggan Trainee

definetly Airbus. European company cool lookin planes an sweet to fly. they seem easier than the boeing which just seems old fashioned or something.

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Airbuse-the best of the best! 😉

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

Agus0404 wrote:

It's nice to feel accompanied now.... 🙂

I understand what you mean JVD. That's why I said in the topic about the other crash of a 737, that Boeing should build a new modern short-haul aircraft. Those 737 are old, and the A340 isn't. It was built with a really good and safe technology. Also, take into account that the Fly-By-Wire System saves lives too.

hey..arent you the one that had the "dreamliner 787" photo...and was "the fan of airbus"..and i told you to take "Boeing" off the dreamliner pic and put "airbus" a few months ago?

aah..hate it when this happens..get caught up in the Boeing vs Uglybus deals i submit the post when i need to type more..........oh well
BOEINGBOEINGBOEINGBOEINGBOEINGBOEING
BOEINGBOEINGBOEINGBOEINGBOEINGVV

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't understand what you mean about that, sorry. If you explain this well, I will be able to answer you.

And one more thing...I always liked Airbus, and I'll like them forever. I'm not a lier, and never lied to anyone on this forum.

EDIT: After reading your post again I think I understood what you mean now.

I've never had a picture of a Dreamliner 787 in my signature or in my avatar. So...it wasn't me. The Dreamliner 787 is made by Boeing, not Airbus. I will not put the name of Airbus in a Boeing picture or vice versa.

Pro Member Trainee
ak763 Trainee

allright my bad.......but to quote famous "pro-wrestler" Chris Jericho...(for those who know what i'm talking about) .............................................. " I WILL NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER" ...end of quote...........................fly UglyBus......mark my word..........if i ever find out i am gonna fly a UglyBus i am gonna rebook for another flight...........you seen the intierior pics of the Uglybus @350?..........they got so jealous of the Dreamliner 787 photos and mocked them......................UglyBus is a COMPLETE JOKE..........JokeBus?..UglyBus?....please

Pro Member Chief Captain

That is a bit over the top. We all have our preferences, but foaming at the mouth is not a good thing.

I favor Boeing and I hate it when I see american airlines screwing american workers by buying foreign planes. I have a similar opinion of folks wh buy Toyotas.

Pro Member Chief Captain

ak763 wrote:

allright my bad.......but to quote famous "pro-wrestler" Chris Jericho...(for those who know what i'm talking about) .............................................. " I WILL NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER" ...end of quote...........................fly UglyBus......mark my word..........if i ever find out i am gonna fly a UglyBus i am gonna rebook for another flight...........you seen the intierior pics of the Uglybus @350?..........they got so jealous of the Dreamliner 787 photos and mocked them......................UglyBus is a COMPLETE JOKE..........JokeBus?..UglyBus?....please

UglyBus? 😂 Call Airbus whatever you want, and if you don't want to fly with them it's ok....your choice.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I favor Boeing and I hate it when I see american airlines screwing american workers by buying foreign planes. I have a similar opinion of folks wh buy Toyotas.

Well, even though I can see your point, airlines are not patriotic institutions, they are businesses. They don't work for the good of the state, but for the good of themselves. And the fact that they opt for Airbus says a lot. Same thing with people... the fact that they opt for Toyotas means something. Perhaps we should consider what's wrong with "our own" products, "our own" country and try to fix it instead of blame the "foreign menace". In the end, all they do is make better planes/cars/you name it.

Food for thought 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes they are businesses. The same businesses that are jumping on the bankruptcy bandwagon to steal benefits from their employees. But this is not a forum for political and economic discussions. So, I will button my lip.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

OrlandoGeorge wrote:

I have voted for Boeing on previous occasions guys but was really big impressed with that Airbus and the recent emergency landing at KLAX concerning the landing gear misalignment issue. --Okay, I know it's moot but hey!! --Don't forget about good old McDonnell Douglas
!?? 😉

Holy Smokes!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 😳

Ah the good old day's when the aircraft industry couldn't give a monkeys about emissions and global warming.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now, what's going on??
The sparks have stopped flying - have the fires burned down? Can't have that - what with Patriotism, Toyotas, and "...hating others to be foaming at the mouth" (call me oldfashioned but I always thought that hatred is generally that which causes that distasteful foaming at the mouth)...

So, let's keep the fires burning, here's one for the diehard Boeing fans :

In the early 1970s, four Super Guppies were used by Airbus Industrie to transport aeroplane parts from decentralised production facilities to the final assembly plant in Toulouse. The running joke was "Every Airbus is delivered on the wings of a Boeing!" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

For the more sensible minded who know that the issue is not one of deciding between black and white, here's a more in depth article ➡

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Guppy

My preference? None. I am not a patriot - had no say in what part of the world I was born into. (Maybe...?) that's why I don't hate. Aircraft: I find them all fascinating and no matter which one I happen to spy in the air or on the ground, I stop, I marvel and many a time get very close to being run over by a bus.
Long haul 12hour flights filled to capacity - 747 or 330 makes no difference to me. What counts here is the inflight service, but that's a different story.

So, for entertainments sake let's continue with this mudslinging match - and when we finally run out of steam we could start a new poll/questionaire and figure out just who was the silliest of us all. I guarantee you a debate of that kind would drag on into eternity...

No hard feelings I hope 🍻

Best regards,
Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain

Look at it as an economic model. All nations are competitors. If a company in the country I happen to live thrives, it indirectly benefits me. If it loses out to a company in another country where I don't live, I lose, as well.

Therefore, I favor Boeing I would favor it even if Airbus was giving away free ice cream to fly on their planes.

I have nothing against Airbus or the people or countries that build them. Economic self-interest dictates that I back Boeing