Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Another B737 crashes

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

On 5 September 2005, a Jakarta bound Boeing 737-200 jetliner of Mandala Airlines Flight RI 091 crashed 1 minute after taking off from Polonia International Airport in Medan, Indonesia. The airport is surrounded by a very dense residential area, and the number of casualties on the ground is unknown; however, the Associated Press quoted an airport official in stating that all 112 passengers died along with the 5 person crew. Later it is reported that at least fifteen persons have survived the accident. Furthermore a passenger survived as he missed his flight.

Dozens of houses and at least ten cars were in flames or damaged. About 30 persons are reported to have perished on the ground.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala_Airlines_Flight_091

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There has been so many crashes in the past weeks Confused .

More sadness for families and friends...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont know what to say....Sometimes words loose their meaning in front of such a big number of disasters in several days...
Deepest sympathy and God helps them...and us.... Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

It seems that these 37's are crashing more and more...I don't think I will fly on them if I can help it Shocked

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

What a shame, I also hear an Antanov crashed afew moments ago along with a smaller plane.

What you may have noticed is, all these fatal accidents are comming from these obsolete aircraft [excuse the spelling]. I mean a modern Airbus A340 had a large problem and not one person was killed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

This is terrible...so many innocent people are dying....

The 737 is an old aircraft...Airlines have to replace those aircraft for some A320. That's one good alternative. The other could be that Boeing needs to build a modern short-haul aircraft. That will surely reduce all these accidents.