SearchSearch 

I'm becoming afraid of flying

crosscheck9 Guest

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9210501/

What is the world of aviation coming to?

17 Responses

Just notice that NONE of the airlines have crashed near the UK and none are reputable airlines such as BA, American etc. so don't panic

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Your post makes me remind for one more time an old post of mine:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/7553/safety-flights-money-earning-ot/

I can understand your fears and i ensure that you are not the only one....

crosscheck9 Guest

Me again - I read several articles besides the one I posted (all say pretty much the same thing), however, doesn't the cause of the crash seem ever so close to the effects of wake turbulence? I think it is a probable cause for the accident.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There has been way too many accidents and crashes recently. The aviation industry has suffered massively from terrorist attacks and could now suffer again if these crashes continue 😕

crosscheck9 Guest

I know that there is no reason to fear crashses, when they are from non-major companies, but the amount is increasing. The worst part is, I'm hearing the news right now, as my father is taking off from Frankfurt/Main to DFW - It worries me that the companies aren't doing more to prevent these crashes - I never know if someday I'll be a victim of such a horrific accident, but I would like to think that if it can be prevented, it is.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Although a bit more tact might have been warranted, the statement about these crashes not being with major airlines, has some validity.

For example, the mechanics of Northwest Airlines are out on strike and the company has hired "replacement workers". I won't fly Northwest until the regular mechanics are back on the job for a while.

There's one thing I've mentioned a few times. It's only the obsolute aircraft that are crashing [e.g 737-300, old antanov]. Air France the other had a major problem but because it was a modern and fairly new jet, it was able to come to a complete stop with out any one dying or getting seriously injured.

I'd still happily jump on any plane, with any chance I get.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't think I'd be scared of flying from what has happened recently. From major airports, aircraft take off every 90 seconds, which means that thousands of aircraft fly a week, with around 6 crashing. Please do not get me wrong, I am not putting a slight on recent crashes, as they are all dreadful occurences.

🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

We are not get you wrong Jon.I totally agriee with and i would like to add that the statistics sais that Aircrafts are the safest way of moving.Or if you prefer they are...still...

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

There's one thing I've mentioned a few times. It's only the obsolute aircraft that are crashing [e.g 737-300, old antanov]. Air France the other had a major problem but because it was a modern and fairly new jet, it was able to come to a complete stop with out any one dying or getting seriously injured.

I'd still happily jump on any plane, with any chance I get.

I hate it when I forget to login.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I noticed that the google adds at the top of the thread were advertising stress and anxiety reducing products. ROTFLMAO!

Of course it changes each time I refresh the page.

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I noticed that the google adds at the top of the thread were advertising stress and anxiety reducing products. ROTFLMAO!

😂

People die in car accidents every day, in the hundreds.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

There are ads at the top of the page?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Yeah, as like other links to click before you actually get to the search results

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Yeah, as like other links to click before you actually get to the search results

Never seen 'em. Glad my browser is doing it's job, lol.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have never meet such kind of messages in google...Although its strange...