SearchSearch 

FS 2004 Problems

Pro Member Trainee
sadfasdflkj Trainee

Hi all
I hope that anybody can help me.
When I create a flight e.g. from Munich to Frankfurt/Main and I'm in the near of Frankfurt the FS shutdown and I get an Error-Report and I should send it to Microsoft for help.

What can I do that FS 2004 works without any errors? Please help.

Thx in advance.

15 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First of welcome 😉

This happens only when you create this particular flight or in general?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Those error reports are usually about video drivers.

Please tell us what your said and what page MS took you to, so we can try to help, we've all had them at one time or another, if not on FS9 then on other software.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sadfasdflkj Trainee

It happens in general it was only an example with Frankfurt / Munich.
Another one was from Johannesburg to Frankfurt. Everytime in the near of Frankfurt or when I open the IFR-Map to see my position.

What would you suggest?

Pro Member Trainee
sadfasdflkj Trainee

I forgot something. I installed the Add-On "A380" from Wilco Fleet and I updated it.

Could it be that it the reason why I get this message or shall I re-install the
FS 2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's not the aircraft, there are some scenery bugs in the sim, try flying anywhere else in the same weather at the same time and see if it happens. If it does then it's the video drivers, if not then it's the scenery bug.

Did you update to 9.1 (MS patch).

What video card do you have, you may have to clean out your old drivers and reinstall new ones. They can get corrupted in time.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Radar

Yes, I installed FS-Update 9.1.

I changed the virtual memory I think it was to low. Now I will try to fly the same route to find out what will happen.

Maybe I'll send you the next answer tomorrow (I'm from Germany)

Pro Member Trainee
sadfasdflkj Trainee

Yes, you were right. It is a scenery bug. I chose another route from Paris to London and it worked (same time, the current weather data).

Thanks for helping me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I guess you'll keep clear of Frankfurt, too bad. This is the first I've heard of a bug there.

Watch those Video drivers.
Good luck and thanks for letting us know how you did.

Radar

Devilmanzero Guest

I enjoy flight sim very much and when i bought a new P.C last month i got very exited about playing it on Nvidias top card (7800gtx)......Gutted
For some reason the games slideers are inactive wich makes the graphics look more basic than the old Ti 4200 i was using before.
Is there any help i can get or do i have to wait a few years for the next flight sim?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Devilmanzero wrote:

I enjoy flight sim very much and when i bought a new P.C last month i got very exited about playing it on Nvidias top card (7800gtx)......Gutted
For some reason the games slideers are inactive wich makes the graphics look more basic than the old Ti 4200 i was using before.
Is there any help i can get or do i have to wait a few years for the next flight sim?

This should fix your problem with the slide adjustments.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836185

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I guess you'll keep clear of Frankfurt, too bad. This is the first I've heard of a bug there.

Radar

I just flew all around Frankfurt and while the scenery there does cut into my frame rate, I didn't get any hint of a scenery bug.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

I just flew all around Frankfurt and while the scenery there does cut into my frame rate, I didn't get any hint of a scenery bug.

Between his card and the graphic intensive scenery it might be too much for his computer to handle, new drivers may help.
Different computers, different results.
Overheating? Dont Know

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Overheating may be an issue since the computer I use has a variable speed fan and the fan speed always rachets up a bit when I use FS.

Another possibility is that something is wrong with some of his scenery files. A good utility to check the integrity of his FS files might provide an answer.

devilman Guest

Just to say thanks to Radarman. Top Bloke!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

devilman wrote:

Just to say thanks to Radarman. Top Bloke!

It fixed it, fantastic! 👍
Thanks for letting us know, that helps others.
Enjoy!

Radar