missing the runway everytime need help plzz

dave1234 Guest

please could somebody help me land propaley.what do i have to do to get lined up with the runway and also what is the easiest way to do it.do you have to do it on auto pilot or by yourself. im trying my hardest to master it but it just is not happening for me. plzzz could somebody be nice to help me !!!!
thank youuuu!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

hi dave,

Do you fly IFR or VFR?

dave12345 Guest

what r they??? lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

IFR = Instrument Flight Rules
VFR = Visual Flight Rules

Basically meaning, fly using visual cues and landmarks at a lower altitude or flying higher using instruments or in poor weather.

These are IFR approaches:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

VFR approaches use VASI or PAPI lights which are the set of four lights at the left of the runway on approach. If you are on the correct glideslope you should be seeing 2 red and 2 white lights illuminated. If there are three white lights then you are too high etc so you need to increase your descent rate and if there are three red lights then you are too low and need to decrease your descent rate.

That is it in a basic form

Let us know how you get on 😉

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

A few pieces of advice:

First of all, tedious as it may sound, read and fly all the lessons. They will teach you the basics of flying properly.

Secondly, start flying a Cessna. Don't go trying the 737 or 777. Pick a nice, long runway. Take off, climb to 1500, enter a left or right hand pattern and land again. Repeat.

What is the pattern? Take off, climb to 1500. Turn right 90 degrees (keeping your speed, altitude, watch the bank rate). Fly for a minute or so (this is called the crosswind leg by the way), then turn right again, another 90 degrees. You will now be flying parallel to the runway (you should see it to your right - this is the downwind leg). Once you pass the runway threshold (the point where you took off and where you will touch down, the very beginning of the runway) lower flaps 10 degrees (one notch). Keep flying until you see the runway disappearing in the 45 degree back view (over your right shoulder). Once that happens, turn right another 90 degrees and enter the base leg. Fly for a minute or so again, watching the runway in your right-forward and then right view. Turn right yet another 90 degrees and align yourself with the runway (you will be on final approach now). Follow the VASI lights for altitude management (keep 2 white over 2 red), keep your airspeed low (approach speed), deploy more flaps as your speed goes below 70 knots, full below 55 (Cessna) and land!

Repeat the cycle many times. Practice makes perfect.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Yeah those two are both good peices of information. the exercise aswell should help you with the lanidng problem

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...