Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Autoland?

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

So I finally decided I should try a full auto approach just to see what would happen. Besides missing the numbers by a lot, it actually put my 737-300 on the runway and not that hard.

On my second approach, I thought I'd see if I could take it at the last second for the important flare, and it wouldn't let me take the controls with autopilot on approach.

On the third approach, the glideslope never locked, and the approach just flew the localizer for me, it was perfect, and the best landing you could possibly imagine.

I can't figure out how the glideslope didn't lock, or how to disengage it if it does lock, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian B Guest

Hey just wondering I know this dosent answer your question but where did you get this? I am guessing it was a download but I am not shure but if is is where did you get it because I have been looking for a auto land plane or a add on for a plane and I have been looking for one for some time so where did you get it?

Thanks
Brian B

Pro Member First Officer

I'm wondering if it is the stock 737-400 that I'm using, I have the Arizona 1 download:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=+southwest+&CatID=fs2004acrp&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=2

It says just textures. I don't have time now, but I'll have to try some of the landings with the stock planes with stock textures.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Brian B wrote:

Hey just wondering I know this dosent answer your question but where did you get this? I am guessing it was a download but I am not shure but if is is where did you get it because I have been looking for a auto land plane or a add on for a plane and I have been looking for one for some time so where did you get it?

Thanks
Brian B

Here's an aircraft with full autoland, there aren't too many free ones.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=autoland&CatID=fs2004ac

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Alright, found some time, and I found out that the 747 crushes the gear all the way up to the tail, and the Lear practically stalls it onto the runway, then darts back upwards.

I need to figure out how to program autothrottle to turn off with a key stroke, I've got autopilot turning off easy enough, but it still wants to do a touch and go.

I think that the approach is great, but it's not an autoland, it needs to be turned off when you hit minimums...

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

NoWorries wrote:

Alright, found some time, and I found out that the 747 crushes the gear all the way up to the tail, and the Lear practically stalls it onto the runway, then darts back upwards.

I need to figure out how to program autothrottle to turn off with a key stroke, I've got autopilot turning off easy enough, but it still wants to do a touch and go.

I think that the approach is great, but it's not an autoland, it needs to be turned off when you hit minimums...

When you say "the 747" and "the Lear" I presume you're referring to the default aircraft provided with the sim? These are not equipped with autoland. In fact, the only free aircraft so equipped is the one Radar linked you to in his message. Outside of that, you'll need payware such as the Level-D 767, PMDG jetliners, etc.

Rick

Pro Member Trainee
faolain Trainee

For all those who were looking for autoland can I suggest www.avsim.com and download ccii550pan.zip.This will give you a panel for a Citation II and the suggested plane to install it in is Venaviones also from Avsim,zI have installed in a Citation Bravo with success.I used FSM for this so there is no difficulty in putting into other twin jets such as the Honda.Only use it for instruction.Make a note of all the changes i.e. IAS,VSI,AI and allrelevant instruments.Then go to Flight Analysis and hands on try to emulate this- it's quite a challenge.Remember anyone can take off and fly an aircraft but it takes a pilot and that includes a virtual pilot to land one.usual disclaimer-downloads are your responsibility.Happy Flying!