Real world: Can a flight number tell you........

BashDaBish Guest

......who you are flying with and what the aircraft is?

I am due to go on holiday soon and have a flight number but no other information as yet. I was just wondering what this flight number can tell you?

My Flight is BY 080A from Gatwick

Any ideas?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Could you tell me what's your destination? That way I will be able to tell you all the information you want.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It is a Britannia Airways flight, but I can not find what type plane. Passenger reviews are mixed. Most complaints being about cramped seating.

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

I think the first two letters can tell you the company, for example something like BA789 would be British Airways flight 789

BashDaBish Guest

Destination is Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

I found from the gatwick website that it is indeed a Britannia Airways flight and like Crash says there are mixed reviews. Britannia and Thomson are the same company and use the same aircraft. Thomson website shows the aircraft as being :-

757-200
767-200 (274 Seats)
767-200 (290-Seats)
767-300 (315 Seats)
767-300 (328 Seats)

So I guess I will be on one of the above.

Agus - where would you get the information from? Is there a website you use?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here's the information I've found.

I usually get information about aircraft type, departure time, arrival time, total flight time, meals, etc in this webiste. www.amadeus.net
I checked there but I couldn't find anything.

There's also another webiste to find that kind of information.
http://www.eskyguide.com/search/

BashDaBish Guest

Cheers Agus, I had a look at that amadeus website and I got the impression they are for scheduled flights as opposed to chartered?

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

You are flying on a Wednesday departing about 6 in the morning from LGW to PMI and it is a Britannia 757 200 with 232 people onboard...something like that!

BashDaBish Guest

I know what time I am flying and who with, but how did you find out which aircraft it is?

I was hoping there would be a website where you pop in your flight number to find out as much about the flight as possible.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

I asked crew!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't know if there's a website like that.
In the website I gave you it says that the aircraft type is a 757-200 (752)

Yeah, Amadeus is just for schedules flights.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...