SearchSearch 

It grieves me...

Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

Crying or Very sad

I have neighbours. They live pretty much next door, so we share the same garden. They have a dog. A female dog. And the worst thing is that she's nine months old. You should see those eyes... and that little head... those of you who have pets should know that a dog can never hate its masters no matter what they do to it. Well, this dog is being molested. There's a boy living there who's not even ten, and he hits her hard all over the body for actually no reason. Just a few days ago he grabbed her around the collar and rose her up in the air, so she was litterally squeeling and gasping for breath, and he started to hit her with his free arm; or he grabs her ears and starts dragging her over the ground. I can hear her squeeing every, single day. The last time I was talking to the boy outside, the dog started to splash water from her bowl with a paw and it was then when I realized the dog would do better dead, as it was the first time I saw it happen a foot away from me: he kicked her breasts hard with his foot, so she kept squeeling with pain a few moments after. It came to me to cry even though it's not my dog.

This is Serbia, so calling some "dog protection organization" is impossible. (They used to leave dogs for 21 days without food an and water in one dog pound). I know it's not on up to me, but I can't stand it. It's too sad... What would you do? I'm not quite comfortable with telling them anything, but there's nothing to do with the dog herself.

Well, I just thought of sharing this, so I'll be glad to read your comments.

Crying or Very sad

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Cruelty to Animals is a serious crime.

Talk to a police officer, or call them.

crosscheck9 Guest

Bartholomew,
It's a sad day, when children start to immiated the immature actions of adults, and treat other living organisms unfairly for no reason whatsoever. If this is the new generation, then I'm embarressed to be a part of it. I understand your concern. I love cats and dogs, and I had I been in your place, I'd go smack the boy right across the head, whether his parents like it or not. Why aren't his parents doing anything to stop him? Address your concern towards him, and if they don't care, I suggest you buy the dog, and sell him to someone you trust, who will care for him. Nothing in the world desrves to be treated that way, whether it be the smallest puppy, or the biggest man. Considering the fact that the child is so young, I think someone should change his attitude. We don't need another lunatic roaming the streets. I'm very sorry to hear that you live with such incompetent neighbors, (no offense, but I can't think of any words that would describe them any better.) Please let us know how you get along. I really hope this child finds the light, because he's heading into a big world full of darkness if he doesn't get his act together.

Crosscheck9

Pro Member First Officer

You know, Crosscheck, the problem is that the boy's mother is partially sort of demanted... It's almost impossible to notice, but once you come face to face with her, you can see it in her eyes. She is treating the poor creature even worse than her son - the boy I talked about. And not to mention his grandma who's doing exactly the same thing! So it's not like the boy's parents would even try to stop him, as they act even worse.

As a matter of fact, I think I will say whatever comes to me to the boy the next time I catch him do it. You are right about him heading into a world full of darkness. You should have seen the way he talks to his parents.

I must quote Chris' answer - it made me laugh!

Dear Chris, if I told to the police they wouldn't even bother coming. And even if they would come and take the dog away, they'd make a soap of her. As I was saying, this is Serbia, no matter how hard it is for you to understand.

I really gotta go now... ❗

crosscheck9 Guest

I just read your post Bartholomew, and I'm baffled to understand that the elders treat the poor creature worse than their offspring. What kind of example are they setting? I see that it is very difficult to get this dog some good help. I think if you can't buy him out of that family, give him some private attention. When they're not looking, give him a treat. Let him know somebody cares. The sad part is to think that there are millions of other innocent creations of god, be them dogs or humans, who receive the same, or worse treatment. Dear Earth is becoming a place of hatred. I think that if little quarrels in between families cannot be stopped, ( I considered the dog part of the family), then nothing larger can be prevented either. As long as we are going to continue this inhumane treatment, the world is going to be a place of world. Crying or Very sad It's too bad not many people realize this.

(Sorry if there were and comments considered religious in this post)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Its a tough world there Barthlomew...Tough and sometimes unfair.Your post has shocked me..but i dont know which is worst..the poor pets treatment or the poor boys.Cause actions like his has some reasons...

I know that it is hard to believe that this young boy has serious problems but his actions show it clearly.

What would i do?Difficult to say....I dont know...Really i dont..We cant get in the privacy of other familys...and if they didnt bothering you,you cant use the law.

Are you friends with this kid?Can you approach him?Or he is offensive to you?Did this kid has other friends?

I think that if you want to stop this poor pets violence you have to be close to this kid...And slowly and gently show him that this a bad behaviour,try to turn him to other activities..playing,reading,fun...But this is very hard and i dont know if the conditions allow you to do such a thing and if you are in the position to manage soemthing so difficult...

Life is hard Barthlomew...and sometimes is harder than we can imagine.
Try first of all to protect yourself...

Pro Member First Officer

I thought of that... Crying or Very sad

I wanted to give her some private attention or a treat, but whenever I reach with my hand to fondle her she runs away... Thinks I might hit her, I guess...

Well, Greekman, it's not like that kid is my best friend or something. No, he is not offensive to me at all! Quite opposite - he's very friendly! And miraculously he's friendly to my dog! He says things like: "You're my best boy!" when I take my poodle to a walk, and then he spanks up his "girl"! I let my dog sometimes play with his. I think they all might see my relationship with my dog, but they still treat theirs like I described.

Now that you mention it - life is hard! 😕

Sometimes it's more painfull to see animals suffer than people, as they are innocent and don't deserve such a life!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Bartholomew wrote:

Sometimes it's more painfull to see animals suffer than people, as they are innocent and don't deserve such a life!

Totally agriee.