Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

wanting to get started in va flying

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

hi, im wanting to fly for a va. i already am a pilot for ups but i don't know if i have to do it online or not and how do i find out what and when my flights are. so if someone can help, thanks.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Virtual UPS requires your flights to be on line to recieve credit for them. The two I'm apart of does not require the use of VATSIM or IVAO to fly (although encouraged). For nearly every VA I've seen you can choose to fly point to point anywhere in the system as long as you're rated to fly the aircraft linked with that flight. UVA is testing a new system though where pilots can "bid" for flight packages and routes (optional of course), to try and get your favorite routes reserved as "your duty." Who knows how that will go Wink.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

If you are talking about www.upsvac.com they DO NOT require you to fly flights online. Ask them all your questions in there forums.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

My mistake sir! As I recall they used to have a policy like that, although it's completely likely I'm mixing it up with Virtual Continental Airways and AAV!