SearchSearch 

installing downloads

air tanker 508 Guest

Mad Mad i have windows xp and i have tried everything . i even trid the fourm on how to install and it still didnt work.... can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to install aircraft...... thank you

15 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Please can you tell us what aircraft you are trying to download and also where about you have downloaded it from?

Thanks

air tanker Guest

any type ant, c-130, a380 etc.

Pro Member First Officer

Are you copying the main file out of the zip download and placing it in the aircaft folder of MSFS09

air tanker 508 Guest

i have downloaded it from this site

air tander 508 Guest

i have unzipped it and put it in that folder and put gages in gages folder, sound in sound, etc 😕

Pro Member First Officer

you dont always need to do that but see if that has worked, im jsut tryin a download and checking that it works and then i will tell you how i done it and see if it works

ar tanker 508 Guest

thanks ..... i just need detailed inst... i an not the computer savey

Pro Member First Officer

I just downloaded a POSKY 747 off this site and it woked fine, all i done was took the file out of the zip and put it in the aircraft file. This is how i have done most of my downloads. I take it you have been reading the READ ME files? as they usually tell you how to install. If this still dosnt work try uninstalling and then reinstalling FS.

Pro Member Trainee
fireman508 Trainee

thanks ill try... i am downloading the anntonov... if it doesnt work ill reinstall 2004.. and then try it again????????????

Pro Member Trainee
fireman508 Trainee

what file do i unzip them to??/

Pro Member First Officer

when you open the zipped file read the READ ME file, this will either be located just in the zipped file or in the aircraft file. this should tell you how to install the aircraft. usually you jsut need to copy the file from the zip and place it in the aircraft file.

Pro Member Trainee
fireman508 Trainee

thanks

Pro Member First Officer

any luck?

air tanker 508 Guest

😀 yes it worked thanks

Pro Member First Officer

No problem at all im happy i have helped you, 1st person i have helped, kinda new to FS but hey!! your sorted so 🙂