SearchSearch 

quite a shock for me

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I havnt been up to date with the latest news and I spotted this in some other forums

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/13/business/13cnd-air.html?hp&ex=1126670400&en=ec2df4e58a901a3f&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Have you all heard about this?

3 Responses

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

It's been in the news and other forums. I am reading today that Delta will file today.

crosscheck9 Guest

Interseting post Ranald -- Thanks for that. However, I have a question. I don't have any knowledge in the business field, (give me a couple of years till college, and I should be better off), however, I noticed that Northwest was due to pay a $65 billion dollar pension payment within on Thursday. Why don't they just file for bankruptcy and miss the payment? What are the negative effects? Why would it hurt there industry. I knew before that Delta was having finance issues, but Norhtwest...well, I never thought of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Im not reffering to this specific and interesting post but i would like to add that sometimes bunkruptcy is a method which big companies use in order some guys of the...headquarter...to keep their riches which have make by
bleeding their companies.

Its a very general and casual approach to the point and there many many ramifications to analyze ....but it happens.