SearchSearch 

Almost, but not quite.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'll share this since it should be good for a laugh.

Flew from the Falkland Islands to Antarctica (SFAL to NZOB)

A very dreary trip (real world weather).

The first problem which I realized 2/3ds of the way there. I forgot to set the time to morning. I was losing sunlight and that patch of space in Antarctica in unimproved. It would be totally dark at 9:30 PM when I'd arrive

I get to within 10 miles, turn the panel lights off and both my taxi and landing lights on. I want to be able to see something. Slow down, lots of flaps, coming down real easy. My radio altimeter lights up and I ease it down real easy. Actually landed in one piece.

Problem number two. THERE IS NO GAS HERE! Wall Bashing

5 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Have a nice stay......say hello to the penquins for me

Pro Member Chief Captain

Nothing to keep warm with, either. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Speaking of those birds...my girl can't say penguin..it comes out "pengin" Anyway...What did you fly down there in CG?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Looking for something different. There isn't much down there. You can only use direct GPS since ther are no nav aids there. In retrospect, I guess I should be glad I was actually able to put the plane down in complete darkness and no lights on the ground. It was only by accident that I noticed the warning indicator on the radio-altimeter. I certainly would have crashed without it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Speaking of those birds...my girl can't say penguin..it comes out "pengin" Anyway...What did you fly down there in CG?

When did you last check your ears FEM??? 😉