SearchSearch 

bouncy taxiways???

pilot12345 Guest

When i taxi along taxiways in almost every major airport my plane seems to bounce along quite violently. I have downloaded an airport scenery addon recommended by www.flightsim.com Is this normal? sometimes it registers as a crash. Which is annoying when taxiing into JFK after a night trans-alantic flight. Note: this happens with all my planes

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

MS in all it's wisdom didn't make many runways flat and the aircraft "bounce". I never had that problem with taxiways, try going a little slower.
I fly vintage and taxi with full flaps to keep me slow.
If you like try this to flatten the bad ones, KSEA has a bad runway.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I believe it to be a Fs2004 bug. I have seen aircraft bouncing while parked at the gate with engines of.

It's a bug! Mad

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I never had that problem with taxiways, try going a little slower.

I've had a lot of different problems, but that is one I haven't had. I don't fly anything bigger than the DC3 and I don't usually fly it. Speed might have something to do with it, I know I taxi slow.

If it's a bug it's one I haven't found yet. I wonder if it could be something that shows up with different video cards? I know you and I use the same brand and we haven't experienced the problem. It might be interesting to know what video card those who are having the problem are using.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

michlin wrote:

I believe it to be a Fs2004 bug. I have seen aircraft bouncing while parked at the gate with engines of.

It's a bug! Mad

Gee! I fly out of California. I thought it was an earhtquake. Wacko

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

If you are switching views a lot while taxiing you will tend to bounce and smoke the tires. Same as when using the Control + W keys to check on other surrounding aircraft. It's odd but is a universal problem for all of us w/FS9.

n697dt Guest

I had the bouncing problem on my last computer, and now on my new laptop with an i5 and nothing added on. Was there ever a fix made for this. Its a pisser to fly for an hour or two and then "crash" taxing to the gate. Anybody heard of any solutions?
Thanks