Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Turbulance!

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi

Firstly i dont know if this is in the correct forum catergory, but.....

I have recently flown on holiday and experienced turbulance on the way there and back and i hate it, big time! I have flown many times before and my fear of turbulance seems to be getting worse.
I hate those air pockets that make you suddenly drop, scares the hell out of me!! Embarassed

Does anyone else feel the same, and more importantly,

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS FEAR!!! Embarassed

Cheers

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

that happend to me on the way back form seattle in the summer, and it was fun at first cuz it felt like a roller coaster but then after awhile i almost threw-up.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Think of it as an E ticket ride at Disneyland. Maybe I'm weird but when flying in light planes I think a little turbulence makes a flight more interesting. Commercial flights I don't do.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

hmmm.. yea it scares me slitely aswell.On the way back from a holiday in create the a321 I was travaling in incountered an thunder cell everyone was shouting and I could see the lightining flashing outside the window it was realy scary Fear I thought for a moment that was me done for. then the captian reasured us all (ha I was still scared out of my wits)

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

flying is the safest way to travel (I think) and the chances if an aircraft coming down becouse of terbulance is a million to 1

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I'm slightly different, I absolutley love it. I used to be seriously scared of it but as I say, " i love it". I over came the fear when I was taking off in a tiger moth. The takeoff was seriously bumpy [on a nice day]. I simply decided that this was sort like going for a ride in tractor. Another thing that helped was that I realised that all aircraft go through this stress a few times a month and they hardly ever crash.

Now I can't wait to get that gut feeling. Infact I'm seriously jealous of my father. Today he went to test one the Air Mauritus A340's. He said he had to stall the plane, take it into turbulence etc... He loved it.The funny thing is, when he first started he was scared to no end about bad weather [e.g turbulance]. So I guess we all have this fear of turbulence for a while but soon overcome it.

P.S excuse some of spelling

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i would be so much better if i had some form of control, or if the captain actually kept us informed of what was going on.
its the not knowing that i hate, and then when they switch back on the seatbelt sign and i just think, oh dear, this is serious now.
I think with my interest in flight, i have possibly made myself overinformed and therefore nervous.
Wish i could overcome it!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Micah wrote:

i would be so much better if i had some form of control

Micah 😉

That is probably your biggest problem and why I like light planes. If you're sitting there at the controls and know what is going on it makes it a lot better.

When I said I don't do commercial that doesn't mean I haven't, I have, but my biggest problem is I have never liked jets or big aircraft that much. The best commercial flight I ever flew on was from Los Angeles to Indianapolis on a Super Connie. Needless to say that has been many years ago.

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

ranald wrote:

flying is the safest way to travel (I think) and the chances if an aircraft coming down becouse of terbulance is a million to 1

you are 100% right 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

oooooo also the way i solved my fear autopilot. lol
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo splat.