Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

NExt FS -Bring it to life !

jmoreyra Guest

Well, since I'm not going to go thru 100 pages of requests, excuse me if this has already been mentioned , but :

PLEASE MS, Bring the next FLIGHT SIMULATOR VERSION to LIFE !!..For crying out loud, the airports, cities, towns,..are like ghost towns!!!Come on now, put AI cars, trucks, people, helicopters, etc moving around..There is nothing more discouraging / distracting from the simulation than to see barren life!!! Can you imagine landing at a major airport with no movement whatsoever?..No car / vehicle traffic in and around the cities, no ships, no nothing...That's all...I can live with third party add ons for the rest..

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Wonderful...if you like hanging around the airport. Personally, I could care less about what is going on at the airport. The sooner I get away from the airport, the happier I am.. To me, the stuff you are suggesting would be a distraction.

You forget, most of the arrivals and departures are at airports, no? As real as it gets, no?...well, let's get as real as it gets...If it doesn't suit you, turn off the features (if they put them in)...This satisfies everyone needs... Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

With add-ons, if you want the feature, you pay for it. Incorporating it into FS, itself, means you pay for features you don't want. I'd much rather have better scenery than a lot of activity at airports. I'm willing to use add-ons to get that.

I agree with that, I am for better SCENERY, specially with today's technology...BTW, when is MS going to go to FS10?

Microsoft has only hinted at FS10, its not even a sure thing that it will ever come out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Again, as I've said countless times, if you insert AI cars and trucks...WHAM! No frame rates. Even with my beast of a vid card, UT2004 (That's Ultimate Traffic for the slow) takes me down to a bare 12FPS. Shocked

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I totally agree with FEM, you need such a good machine for all of those things that as soon as you buy FS10, you would have to spend 30000000000 on a new pc. (slight exageration perhaps.)
However, i do think that airports should be more lifelike with trucks and moving gates, but we shall have to see if Microsoft feels that all of us dedicated simmers are worth it. Dont Know

One question that perhaps FEM can answer, the forum that has all of the suggestions for FS10, has anyone of the moderators arranged for it to be sent to Microsoft to help them give us the product we deserve? Idea

Micah Wink
(Company reputation 78%
Pilot improved loads since becoming a fsp user!!)

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

flytampa has very nice scenerys without taking a big hit in FPS

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

hey I agree I personally only fly choppers Ive kinda gotten out of the jetliner business. but yes people cars trucks choppers everything the works would be nice but imagine you being the programer my brother in law is a programer and I asked him and he said its very hard work to do all that. they arnt god you know they can only do so much at this age.

also has that letter been sent to microsoft yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

As far as I know, it hasn't been sent out yet...However I did hear that MS sometimes paruses the most popular FS sites (This one as well I'd assume) and checks them for good ideas or advice on what we want for the next FS.