Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

landing stright

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

I am having trouble landing dead on and if I do the plane swerves all over the runway.

does anyone have any hints or tips to help me land stright and steady

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

What type of plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain

any plane its just realy hard for m to land stright you got any tips

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'd say watch the wind, figure out if it's blowing across the runway, and what way. Also, check the calibration on your stick, I know I had to re-calibrate mine 3x once in a single session, but it works great after I do that.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I calibrated it 5x nothing happend/ oh hey jet blue on the news now EMERGENCY!

IBERWORLD-pilot Guest

The key to a successful landing is not to try to hard just relax and take the stress of your shoulders because thats a fact a lot of pilots get very stressed out due to landings and takeoffs....so chill and concentrate but dont worry about landing in the middle because stress is the main cause of a crash ...so take it easy lol .....airbusflight366@aol.com {iberworld-pilot}. Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I think the previous reply hits it on the nail - relax at all costs. When I first started I thought it was necessary to hang onto the stick on take off and I think the Joystick sensed the tension and I was forever veering off, mostly to starboard. Now I keep my hands off until rotate and then gently apply backward pressure to liftoff. No veering worth mentioning.

Landing is possibly the same thing - too tense, gripping the stick rather than gentling it and invariably the runway starts to drift to one side - whether this any crosswind I don't know so I think I'll check that one out.

I'm sure realtime flying is exactly the same.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Why not practice with the easiest settings available? No wind, no weather, etc... Umm...

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

i had the same problem but after i learned how to do an ILS aproach i get lined up farther out and can make small corections when i get close and them make a good landing. hope this helps Wink