Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help with download

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

I have just downloaded the 2004 Zlin z-526F(3 ed) following the read me and the install wizard. On opening the 'game' at create flight the Zlin appears in the aircraft list but I then get an error message - Plane or file missing - file:GAUGES\z226_jm.GAU and everything locks. I'm also trying a download for the first time with Windows XP Home after using Windows ME . Can someone please help - I guess I have to put the Zlin gauges in the main gauge file? - but I cannot open the unzipped downloaded file into into its subfiles/folders 😕 😕

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I had the same issue with the Zlin, just gave up though, as it wasn't very important to me 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks - it's just become less important to me too now !!. Now to look for something different

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just downloaded it from avsim and used the self install, no problems.
Then I got the same message you did. I kept hitting "OK" or the red "X" and it eventually loaded and flew nicely.

I then closed out, went into the main gauge folder and deleted both of the 226_jm gauges, I went back and launched the sim again and no more messages. The panel looks fine.

Zlin Z-526F - Third Edition

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=z526f_v3.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks (again!) Radarman - interest returns and will give it another try as the aircraft looks kinda playful 😂 😂
Going through it all again with Windows XP and 2004 - but sure is worth it 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's a very nice aircraft and XP is so much better than ME, I had it for a few months before XP came out, bad OS.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

My Zlin is now flying - I would post a picture but - you guest it - my next project!! Thanks again!

Pro Member First Officer

Beaten by Radarman - 😞 - you snuck the Zlin into the gallery before I could even find the enter key 😂 😂 😂 !!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

verygom wrote:

Beaten by Radarman - 😞 - you snuck the Zlin into the gallery before I could even find the enter key 😂 😂 😂 !!!

ROFL I loaded it before you did, I had more time.

Radar