Ground Charts...Taxi issues

Pro Member Trainee
mickjason Trainee

OK, I know everyone has had the same issue at some point in their "sim" flying days. As a private pilot I always have my ground charts available and chat with ATC when needing some extra assistance on my taxi out and in. But what is the easiest program that you can use within Flight Simulator? I was using an unregistered version of FSNavigator that did a decent job in conjunction of my paper ground chart. (Wife is tired of my charts and flight plans all over my office. LOL) Let me know of a free or inexpensive application if you're using one. Thanks everybody and look forward to seeing you up there!

JM

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
crosscheck9 Guest

Just select progressive taxi after getting taxi instructions from ATC - It will direct through the assigned route

Pro Member Trainee
mickjason Trainee

This is true when you are not flying online. I believe that progressive taxi is disabled while flying online, right?

JM

crosscheck9 Guest

Oh - Sorry, I misunderstood the fact that you were referring to online flight. I'm sure someone will come along with a few good websites to help you out. Sorry but I have limited resources - many website URL's are blocked in this country.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, one solution to the charts being everywhere (all of which I get from www.myairplane.com), is to buy an alphabetized accordian folder =). That's what I use now, and it really is great. No more papers everywhere! Also, if you're getting lost at airports, a good thing to do is get a top-down view of the airport to get yourself oreinted. Even though O'hare has been my UVA hub for the last 400 hours, I still get lost sometimes. If you hit "CTRL + S", and zoom in an out with + and -, you can get a great birds eye view of the airport. and see where you're heading off to!

Pro Member Trainee
mickjason Trainee

Thanks John! I'll give that a try. I just started flying with UVA about two weeks ago and I'm getting myself situated with KDEN. Defenitely an easier taxi than KORD though.

JM

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Welcome to United and FlyAway then Wink, two great communities! Yeah, O'hare can be pretty aweful to taxi at somedays, but the easiest thing to do is keep that top-down view as a reference when you need it, but also orient yourself around the United concourses! There's B along the main terminal, and parallel to that on an island runs the C terminal for the heavies. Once you can decide which end of that "alley" to exit for which runways, everything is much simpler, since United certainly takes center stage there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...