Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Advice

Wanabee Pilot Guest

Hello, im interested in buying fs2004, ive never played a flight simulator before and would like to know is it worth getting and should i get a decent joystick with it, also is East Midlands Airport on it.

east midlands is on, (it might be called castle donnington). of course we would all recommend you get the sim, you shouldn't need to spend more than 30 on a joystick. (try get one with twist grip for rudder and a hat switch for looking around).
the better your graphics card and the larger your RAM the better the sim will look

I totally agree with the above post. If you are SERIOUS about flying than this is a SIM not a GAME. Patience and a love for flight is all that is really required. Get a good graphics card if you do not already have one.

I personally love ATI but Nvidia has great cards too...they both support the SIM very well.

Welcome Aboard!

AstroSteve Surprised

Thanks alot, ive got the SIM now, i got the Cyborg 3D from Saitek, is this any good it cost me 40. I have a NVidea card and it seems to be ok.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sounds good so far.
If your interested in seeing what kind of FPS (Frames Per Second) your getting wait until you are at the airport and press "Shift+Z" two or three times and 2 red lines of information will appear at the top of the screen. The 2nd line will have the FPS in it. It'll change as you leave graphic intensive areas.
👍 Enjoy!

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Kyle (MAVIRICKII) Trainee

I would recomend a twist handle joy stick, becaouse it will give you a better experience. I have the "Logitech WingMan Extreme" and I love it.