SearchSearch 

USA Roads

Pro Member Trainee
Tim (CaptainTower) Trainee

Has anyone had any experience with Flight1's USA Roads? I am considering downloading it because I miss the roads of FS2000. Mainly I was wondering what kind of frame rate hit they make on an average system. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I bought the CD and it looks great, realistic now.
As for FPS I didn't notice a hit at all, it seems to work perfectly.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nadaman Trainee

I much prefer ultimate terrain usa and canada, it has all the roads visible as well as many other enhancements such as night time city lights which really look great at night!
check out there website for info if you haven't heard of them before.

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UT.html

Brad.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I also use Ultimate Terrain USA. You can adjust road color to your taste and adjust lighting at night. About the only minor problem I found is that it interprets dry washes in desert areas as rivers.

I flew over a rural area in Arizona where I lived for a time and even the dirt roads are there! It also make rivers and lakes look much more realistic. It removes that dumb tan border from them.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

does ultimate terrain usa and canada eat alot of frames?

Pro Member Trainee
nadaman Trainee

i supposed to some extent thats depends on your system, i personally haven't noticed and decrease in my fps, i'm using a athlon 64 3gig cpu, 1 gig ram and geforce 6800gt (256mb) i have my fps at unlimited and it runs very smooth.
There are 6 types of objects included in ultimate terrain and you can configure most of them, you have railtrack, roads, landclass and nightlighting etc. The user manual says that there shouldn't be much impact on fps but that depends on other factors like computer specs, scenery objects displayed etc. The company state roads, railtrack ground polygons and landclass should have no impact really on fps but night lighting around urban areas such as a busy city may have some impact. What are your specs and how does the sim run, is it smooth to begin with etc, are your sliders all at max etc?
Hope this helps somewhat.
Paul.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The only thing I've noticed is that the scenery takes a very slight amount longer to load. I haven't seen a noticeable hit in frome rates, even flying around Los Angeles at night.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

The only thing I've noticed is that the scenery takes a very slight amount longer to load. I haven't seen a noticeable hit in frome rates, even flying around Los Angeles at night.

Crash,
When it takes longer for the scenery to render that usually means that you need more memory or the memory you have is being eaten up by something else.
That would be either other slides maxed out or more likely memory hog programs running in the background.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I know I need more memory and I have quite a few sliders maxed out 🙄 At some point, I'll order more memory. Since I now have all the addons I can handle, the budget will get a bit better.