747 vs 777

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

Has anyone else found the 747 is easier to fly than the 777 in FS9. I have been using Flight sim since the days of FS4, I like flying big jets as it is more of a challange and the only thing that will make me happy is to have the call out when I am landing, anyone know where I can get this for the 747

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hello I dont know of a panel for the 777/747 with the call outs but a 737 panel called "greg737" has them.The file includes the audio and an updated panel config which adds lines to activate the call outs
(Now just thinking out loud here but could you copy and paste the call out section into the 777/747 panel?) Umm... Ill have a mess arround and see what happens.

See you later

Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

I think that will work!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... Im still messing with this (not getting all the call outs) Wall Bashing
Ill keep at it Wall Bashing Wall Bashing Help! Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Clap Thank you for giving me a kick up the Ass
I had moved some (not all) of the sound files
Group Wave

So yes it will work,but you need to download the sound files(put them in the Fs9 sound folder).Then open up the panel you want to add the call outs to and edit the config file(with notepad) eg for the747 scroll down to
[Window00] and add this line ➡

gaugexx=fpda_a330_callout, 0,0,0 ; FPDA

Just change the xx to the next number in your file(mine was 5😎save and close.
Now fire up Fs9 and fly whatever you just messed with and you will have the call outs on your desent starting at fl2500

Give it a go it makes landing just that little bit more realistic

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Happier landings

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

Thanks tomthetank, it work ok with the 747

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Once you have the sound files you can edit any aircraft panel to give the call outs(even a cessna)just change the gaugexx number to the next number in sequence.

Idea now working on it to call retard instead of just 50,40,30,20,10.

Ill let you know

Happy landings

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I have always wanted to know this - what is 'retard' ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Its called retard for you to pull back on your desent,to slow the rate of desent before landing.

Hope it helps

PS Have edited the sound file to include this(it works)but is a differant voice,now searching for a new sound set

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...