Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Is there a add-on for a Tiger Moth for fs2004?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hallo anyone, I hope I've worded my query correctly, as being a Learner I may have written it incorrectly.

I'm retired, and keep myself busy and happy with my computer and digital photography. This year our youngsters, two sons, treated me to some hands-on flight training in a DeHavilland Tiger Moth. I was very happy and enjoyed the experience, but due to living on a pension, am unable to continue with this. But as I had a copy of CFS1, which was very little used in the past, I dug it out for another trial. Of course since the purchase of said CFS1, my computer has been upgraded, so with the increased performance of my computer, I was really surprised with how good a flight sim could be.

So have now ordered a copy of fs2004, and a Saitek Evo Joystick to further my enjoyment. And now the reason for my first query must be realised. I'd love to have a chance of having a sim version of the Tiger Moth, please!

Else, is there anything very similar?

Thanks for any advice, or words of encouragement.

Appreciate.

Ken.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Welcome aboard fellow tail-dragger, I have a liking for vintage aircraft also.

This is one that was pay-ware and is now free.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=+DeHavilland+Tiger+Moth&CatID=fs2004ac&Go=Search

Here are a few more aircraft and textures that are added to an existing aircraft.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=+Tiger+Moth&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search

http://www.gjsmith.net/Textures/tigermoth.htm

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage39.htm

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Thanks a bundle Radarman, and for the quick response.

Must apologise, as I found that I should have put my request in the Aircraft Topics, and should have tried a search, which I have now done, and found that Forum Member Davec (Hope thats right), had a TM addon.

So with both your help, I should find something to try 'my seat of the pants' art on. I say this, as when flying the real TM it was definitely a SOTP experience. Brilliant.

Thanks again, and I'm getting a lot of enjoyment just reading on this Forum. Very Happy Very Happy

Ken.

PS .............. Have just been to AVSIM, what a gold mine of birds, found some other favs of mine, very grateful for the URL.

Can't wait for my fs2004 to arrive, and must get the TM, Lancaster, and Mosquito from AVSIM, have had joy rides in all those, and a B17, must get one of those also. WOW! What a fantastic time I'm looking forward to. Yes, I was in the RAF, ground crew, and when the planes were not on special ops, we often were invited onboard. Nearly sixty years ago, gives the game away........ Laughing Laughing

Last edited by KenTel on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

there is a chipmunk add on kicking about somewhere too which is nice Smile

I have flown in one now for real Smile great fun except the being sick part -- mind i got to pull some 3g turns Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hi Insight, a 3G turn in a Chipmonk sounds quite amazing. Must have been a mite bumpy that day. The flights I've had in the TM were a bit bumpy, but that is the nature of the plane. Doesn't worry me, and I have a cast iron stomach. Think my first flight was in a personel carrier, a DC3, and I sat looking out at the wing, and was amazed to see the flexing. I made enquiries later, and was assured that if the wing didn't flex, it would most likely snap off. Laughing Laughing

Must look into the Chipmonk, could be another interesting one to fly. Thanks..

Cheers.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

It's strange how like minds can often be thinking alike - I too was wondering where I could add a "Tiger" to the stable as I have happy memories of being taught to fly as a teenaged cadet at the RN College at Eaton Hall between 1943 and 1945. The end of the war put an end to that! And, just as I was getting into takeoff and landing.

Also retired and enjoying FlightSim as a get away from it all, particularly having added the scenery and terrain addons. My QTH looks much better now!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Now you have some great choices, enjoy and post a few screenshots for us to share your experience.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well the wait for FS2004 is over, arrived this morning. But I'm afraid I'm having a lot of trouble trying to fly using keyboard, etc. Gee! I ordered the Joystick, before FS2004, both from Amazon, both were claimed to be in stock, and now Amazon say it won't be sent till next week at the earliest. Crikey! I shall have a graveyard full of crashed birds by then. Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Bummer, they tried to do that to me once, split up an order.

Here are all the keyboard commands. Print them out (I did) and you'll always refer to them even when you get the stick.

http://www.scenery.org/_downloads/fs2004keys.zip

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Thanks RadarMan, downloaded unzipped, but no way of printing it, as I don't use/have MS-Word, and my usual WP doesn't accept Word Docs. Another bummer, as you say.

Not to worry, I have a copy of the Sybex "Strategies & Secrets", which has the keyboard assignments. Might make a photo-copy of the relevant page(s), for quick reference.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Regards.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Have to repeat once more, Laughing , Thanks RadarMan that is very good, something I wish I'd have long time back. Have tried various text editors, etc., but none were of much use with Word Docs.

Worked a treat, will have use for it in future. Appreciate.

Regards.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I never used it and I'm glad it works well.

Radar

Wondering Guest

I may have missed something but Windows comes with two 'text editors'

Notepad - for simple text files

and

Wordpad - for formatted text (RTF) which will also open 'doc' files

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well Wondering, I've both, as you say standard equip. But neither will read Doc files with any graphics contained, at least not in my experience.

The best I've found till now, for my use, is EverNote. Which really is a database for notes, but also an all round performer.