true or false

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

I think that I have to put the thrust in idle when I begin to flare.. is that true?
thanks

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest

Yes that is true for most of the times

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

CP16,

Yes, but remember that we must always 'FLY' the aircraft onto the runway. Must avoid dropping onto it or we will tend to bounce and have a hard landing. -I agree that the throttle should be brought back to the idle position at flare and would suggest trimming nose up a bit at about 250 feet before the threshold. -Also using the spoilers/speed break will give you a better angle of attack and a more fluid nose up attitude for a smooth entrance over and then onto the rnwy.

-Good luck.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...