Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Sick of being an unofficial member :(

crosscheck9 Guest

Just a quick question. For heavan's sake, is there NO way whatsoever of paying to become a member, besides credit card. (Not blaming the website, blaming the internet Confused ) Now for those who want to attack me and make me feel bad for posting, forget it. Just asking a simple question. I have my reason as to why I cannot make the payment by credit card. To be honest, it's only a measly $5. Gathering just 3 sets of change after visiting McDonalds will do it, but getting it to the other side is the difficult part. For example, is there something like a internet card that I can buy out in the shops, in which I could pay to become a member. The way I see it, I have posted MANY times here, and most, if not all the members recognize me. However, I hate beeing the odd one out Crying or Very sad . If these things do exist, please let me know -- Who knows, maybe one day, you'll see my nickname highlighted with a blue streak running below it Laughing .

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

unofficial or not, we still like ya!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Crosscheck, what is your email address, I'll email you when I have a spare chance tomorrow Wink

crosscheck9 Guest

Hey guys,
Thanks for all your replies so far - For whats it's worth, every second I spend on this site makes me love it even more and more, and all the frequent members here are what keep it alive. As far as payment, I was wondering, is there anyway I could mail it in? That would make things soo much easier. Btw, 99jolegg, my e-mail is as follows -- kareem_sadi@hotmail.com -- I don't really know what you plan on sending, but all is welcome, as long as nobody tries to send me any spam. Again, thank you all for all of your help. I'm gonna keep fighting 'till I peg this membership thing Smile. But then I need to count posts from the begginning Razz - oh well..its worth it Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Send an e-mail to Fly Away. Maybe he can offer you another method of payment.

You are a great guy, and we need those in this site Laughing I hope to see you as a member before I go to my pilot school in December.

Good luck! Thumbs Up!

crosscheck9 Guest

Thanks Agus - I'll make it my mission in life for the next week to become an "official" flyaway member - I hope everything works out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

We need you here crosscheck and being or not a member you are very useful and decent person and we all have learn interesting things from you. Smile

Ohhh...and something more ...if at the end you manage to get a membership here we must discuss to get a bigger than a traine rank... Wink Wink Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i think paypal can be setup to take money from your bank account... not sure though

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I have talked to fly-away about "sponsorship" before, since $5 is only $5 as you've said yourself, but I have recieved no response from him (big-shock). I definitly think you should be as much a member as any of us! (Not to mention Don Wood....Guest Ed....and a few other of our un-registered friends!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if Flyaway can provide you with a snail mail address. I'm used to you here, your an "Honorary Member".

Radar

crosscheck9 Guest

Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can dig up. In the mean time, I'm gonna try and dig up the courage, and just ask my father for his help. Although he doesn't support my passion for flight, I think he will be understand as always. I know it's not an issue of money with him -- its the principle. True -- I like flight, and maybe he'll realize how much I actually do someday. However, if it doesn't work out, then I'll try speaking with flyaway. Again, thank you everyone.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

crosscheck9,
I hope you do find a way to join - with all the help you provide, you should get a free membership!

crosscheck9 Guest

Hehe - Thanks Chris, but I don't know about a free membership. I find that I mostly ask the questions, and rely on the more experienced members to answer them, but I'm slowly climbing up the ladder. Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

This is one of the more meaningful threads that I have seen here on Fly Away. Makes me feel good to see you guys coming together as a core group for crosscheck. -Very cool guys.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well after all OrlandoGeorge, since you fly Aloha airlines as often as you do you should be familiar with "o'hana" Wink

We certainly are a family here!

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Grunge,

Well from one OG to another are you taking about Noenoe Ua Kea O Hana or the Napualani O'hana bed and breakfast in Hana, Hawaii!!? Smile -I guess the name Hana can be used alot on the big island since it's the major city also with Kona. --Which one are you talking about?? -I'm am guessing that it is the Hawaiian term for family or friend? ..not sure I exactly know. Idea

BTW, -I have tried to get some screenshots of some cool approaches into Hana into the Fly Away gallery a few times but so far no lucky cards doing it.

Baby

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can dig up. In the mean time, I'm gonna try and dig up the courage, and just ask my father for his help. Although he doesn't support my passion for flight, I think he will be understand as always. I know it's not an issue of money with him -- its the principle. True -- I like flight, and maybe he'll realize how much I actually do someday. However, if it doesn't work out, then I'll try speaking with flyaway. Again, thank you everyone.

Go for it Crosscheck....And show him this topic...He will understand Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I feel your pain Crosscheck. I've had a few of these problems before in the past. It was going so well the this guest post's of really unsenisble comment.

I hope you get it sorted sooner or later hopeful sooner.

All the best

Liono