Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Whould anyone consider this. An idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Liono Chief Captain

Here's the idea.

Would any of you consider flying online (not with Vatsim) but direct contecting one on one sort of thing. We could all get together one day can fly a few hopes. I know there are a few members here that are abit afraid of flying online. If this works it could come a weekly event

What do you think?

Pro Member First Officer
Blake14 First Officer

that is a great idea. I just don't see how to achieve that idea. Any computer geniuses out there?

Pro Member First Officer
AJWatson2209 First Officer

Yeah, all need are willing ATC and seva pilots and a nice venue. You would then need to get a FS server and then Teamspeak (which can be free if its for non profit organisations... sooo the short of the long is if someone knows how to get a fs server then its not too hard i dont think.

My Flight Deck: P4 3.2GHZ, 1GB RAM, 256MB ATI RADEON 9550, 260HDD

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Isn't it easier to pick a small airport without traffic and have someone serve as ATC? Have kind of a "lesson" on VATSIM?

"Remember son, knowing your way around the simulator does not mean you can fly".

Pro Member First Officer

Bindof,

If we were to have a controller for this sort of thing you would need to have one that was a classified controller on Vatsim, i also then think that we would need permision from vatsim to use their servers etc for this sort of activity.

I hope i didnt come across rude their.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Well, I'm a STU level controller and no, you don't need permission. I'm off work this week, if you all want I wouldn't be adverse to opening a small airport and have you zoom around for a bit

"Remember son, knowing your way around the simulator does not mean you can fly".

Pro Member First Officer

I already fly on vatsim but its worth promoting a bit more and seeing what others think.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Closed Smile

Last edited by Bindolaf on Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total
KluBits Guest

i have an idea, ever heard of ATC Radar Screen 5?, great radar program for multiplayer with a non VATSIM ATC, just an idea

Pro Member First Officer
OrlandoGeorge First Officer

I fly online once in a while. It works and is easy to do. Just go to MSN Game Zone and register and then go to the FS2004 link and request a session. Usually there are always a few in there that are looking for a flight. -You can of course just select multi-player from your FS2004 menu and follow the prompts as well.

Izzy123 Guest

Check out Top Gun you need team speak to communicat (it is required) and of course when available you have ATC at some airfields. One of your group can act as ACT if no one is in the tower.

to connect to the game in FS2004 use multiplayer connection and use the address fly.zapto.org

Check it out. laste weekend I was flying around the LA area. I also was working the tower at KSFO.

email me with questions
jisbell@bbafiberweb.com
hoonakwa@prtcnet.com

Pro Member Trainee
Natty Trainee

Hello every 1, just joined the top gun server and for some strange reason got sent out when all i was trying to do was to get my head set working.