best a320?

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

hi!!
wich is the best a320 family add on for fs2004
thanks

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

There's only one as far as I know (payware), the PSS one and I'm not impressed. I wish someone would make a really good Airbus series.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

ifdg makes good freeware a320's

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

but there is any a320 Under Development?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Yeah, my friend and I were looking for a new A320 model besides PSS, and payware. I know that iFDG makes de best freeware models of Airbus A318, A319, A320, A321, but we are looking for another payware A320 model. He saw a website that the people there were developing a new A320 addon, and I think I saw it too a while ago.
We don't remember the address of that webiste, so if anyone knows about it, please let us know.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Haha, I hope it wasn't SSW Wink

I know they were heavy into development of a A320, looked pretty good too, but after their A310 bombed pretty badly it looks like they've mostly shut down...

http://www.simsoftworkshop.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain

I've seen the screenshots of their A320 somewhere else, but I don't think that this is the one we are looking for. Razz Maybe CP16 knows...
But I've read a discussion about this A320 in my VA Forum and they were saying that this was gonna be a good A320 addon. Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

I have an amazing A319 / A320 set up at the moment, but it's a 'Hybrid' otherwise known as a "Panel Merge", so you need to be confident with file and folder management on Windows, to set it up.

Here are the components:

- Download the desired FREE iFDG Airbus model.

- Replace the PANEL folder with the PSS Airbus Pro PANEL FOLDER.

- Download the 'Mike Maarse' A320 CFM Sound File from AVSIM and replace the iFDG 'SOUND' folder with this new one.

- Download the AMAZING "Throttle Modification File" from AVSIM, that automatically enhances the PSS throttle system so that the Airbus thrust modes are engaged automatically, at pre-determined stages on your joystick throttle.

..... what a combination - I'm flying this more than the 'new' stuff at the moment.... but it does take quite a bit of setting up.

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Pro-Sim wrote:

I have an amazing A319 / A320 set up at the moment, but it's a 'Hybrid' otherwise known as a "Panel Merge", so you need to be confident with file and folder management on Windows, to set it up.

Here are the components:

- Download the desired FREE iFDG Airbus model.

- Replace the PANEL folder with the PSS Airbus Pro PANEL FOLDER.

- Download the 'Mike Maarse' A320 CFM Sound File from AVSIM and replace the iFDG 'SOUND' folder with this new one.

- Download the AMAZING "Throttle Modification File" from AVSIM, that automatically enhances the PSS throttle system so that the Airbus thrust modes are engaged automatically, at pre-determined stages on your joystick throttle.

..... what a combination - I'm flying this more than the 'new' stuff at the moment.... but it does take quite a bit of setting up.

Wink

That's an awesome combination! I tried to replace the panel folder of the A330/A340 of POSKY with the PSS A340 Pro panel, but I had no success. Some things don't work at all, so I just stick with the PSS model and with their panel. Sometimes I use the Ken Mitchell panel with my POSKY aircraft...

And do you know the filename of the Throttle Modification File? I've searched in Avsim, but couldn't find anything like that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Wall Bashing Im looking for that aswell Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hi Agus / TTT,

I tried the POSKY / PSS A330 merge too, but you're right, it doesn't work....

The Flight dynamics get really badly messed, and there are inconsistancies in Flap settings that also cause big headaches Crying or Very sad

The problem with POSKY stuff (as compared to iFDG) is that it is STILL so based around FS2002..... they need to get up to date !

Good news is the PSS A320 panel merge brings no such problems, just a fantastic A320.

Definately worth changing the textures to DXT3 though - those iFDG modes are really details and can slow frame rates.

Right - I'll go and get the details for the Throttle Mod file from AVSIM chaps, and will be right back .......

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Got it .....

Go to AVSIM file library and search under PSS THR

Don't put anything else in and don't choose a sub-category, just the above and then hit SEARCH, and you'll see it right away.

The instructions make it seem more complicated than it is - just forget about the 'Programme' option that it talks about ....

It's as simple as;

- Unzip the zip file to the FS9 route folder.
- Make the adjustment to the PSS AB-Pro PANEL.cfg as instructed. (adds one line).
- Run the THR "Configuration.exe" and space out where you want the CL, FLEX and TOGA settings to be.

DONE !

It may take a couple of attempts to get the spacing right but when it works, oh god how it works !

Enjoy Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cool! Thanks Pro-Sim! I downloaded it already. Does it work with every PSS Airbus? Because I only have the A330 and A340 ones.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

I have only used it with the PSS Airbus Pro (A320) but yes, it does also work with the A340 Pro.

You just need to change a different "line" of the .cfg file for the A340.

It explains all in the installation instructions.

Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh, ok! I didn't read them yet Laughing Tomorrow I'll read the instructions and install it.