Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

No flying tomorrow :-(

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have to report for jury duty tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't be assigned to a case, I've done it before and nothing is less fun than discussing evidence with folks without brains. 🙄

13 Responses

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hard luck, CrashGordon. 😞

Your not the only one, mum only got called up a couple of days ago, she doesn't like it either.

Picasso Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

I have to report for jury duty tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't be assigned to a case, I've done it before and nothing is less fun than discussing evidence with folks without brains. 🙄

That's what you get when you talk to yourself 😂

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

I can sympathise with you. I have been called for the same - starting from Dec 5th.
I thought that I had got away with it. I am three years off 70yrs of age. (In England those over 70yrs don't get called) You could say that I have been caught up with. LOL
🙂

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

It could be worse a couple year ago I served on a grand jury which was every other tuesday for a year. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain

In California, now, they have a one day or one trial. If they don't call you at all the first day, you are done. If you are selected for a trial, you are stuck for the trial. I am in the pool for a trial, but if they do not select me, I am done.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

In Califirnia, now, they have a one day or one trial. If they don't call you at all the first day, you are done. If you are selected for a trial, you are stuck for the trial. I am in the pool for a trial, but if they do not select me, I am done.

That pretty much true for Arizona for normal jury duty. The grand jury is a whole nuther story.

Pro Member Chief Captain

In the 10 years I lived in Arizona, I never got called for jury duty.

And I was supposed to fly Honolulu to Los Angeles, today. Worse, yet, I was supposed to do Sydney to Los Angeles tomorrow.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

lucky guy! I got called upon 3 times last year, and will be the 2nd time next month.....i am sure i will hit jackpot at least once in my lifetime 😂

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

roger123,

I got called up to stand jury duty here in Texas last yr. -Look on the bright side I suppose as only citizens in good standing get the call to stand in judgement of others. -I guess you are not a pentioner yet! ..Still a young man in the eyes of the govt. and HRH Queen Elizabeth II. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

OrlandoGeorge wrote:

roger123,

I got called up to stand jury duty here in Texas last yr. -Look on the bright side I suppose as only citizens in good standing get the call to stand in judgement of others. -I guess you are not a pentioner yet! ..Still a young man in the eyes of the govt. and HRH Queen Elizabeth II. 🙂

I am a pensioner, but because I have not reached 70yrs of age - I am still eligible to be called.
Ho hum, such is life.
😀

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Oops, misspelled it there. Embarassed Should have typed 'pensioner.' -I don't know what the rule is here in the US regarding ages for various duties such as we are discussing but I am pretty sure it varies by individual state. 50 states, 50 sets of legislated rules and regs. -Sure you will do fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well. I am done. In the process of jury selection, the prosecutor lost his mind and challenged me ( not for cause), so my service is done.

The reason I say he lost his mind is that if he proved his case, I'd vote to convict...even if the defendant was a really nice guy (which he wasn't).

His loss, my gain. Now I can get back to flying. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

That gleam in your eye will do it every time. 😀