Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS 2004 atc

capt mackie Guest

Hi there

New to all this so be gentle.

I have been using the flight planning on fs2004 to do long-haul routes from uk to usa. why you put in a departure (say heathrow) and a destination (say JFK), why does it always route via some place way over above Seattle?

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

that is the wierdest thing I have ever seen. 😳
If you take direct route GPS- it takes you straight there with the usual greet circle arc (acually shorter due to the earths diameter.
If you take high altitude airway - it takes you above the artic circle to Alaska, then down to the continental U.S. then back east to JFK
If you take low altitude airways - it takes you above the artic circle, east above Europe and Asia, across the pacific, then across the U.S. to JFK.

To answer your question.....I have no idea. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

The default FS Flight Planner does that when flying across the Atlantic. The route is totally unrealistic. What you can do is buy a good Flight Planner or go here: http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ to create a flight plan. Then you have to put all the waypoints manually. Or another way is to create your own route, which is a bit of time consuming.
I usually go to the site I gave you, create my flight plan, and then put up the waypoints, but sometimes I can't find a waypoint so I put whatever waypoint but it has to make sense with your flight plan.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Is there time compression in FS2004 for long flights????

Thanks Agustin, that is a good site, will take a bit of time to work it all out.
I have tried using the flight planning on fs2004 and removing the waypoints manually to cut the "unecessasy" part of the flight out. Trying it currently egll to jfk